VOTE NOW! SatelliteGuys Best of 2013

Who do YOU select as the SatelliteGuys Best of 2013 Award Winner?

• DIRECTV GENIE

Votes: 43 24.9%
  • DISH HOPPER WITH SLING

Votes: 130 75.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are way more dish users than directv users on this site. I think that's going to skew the results as well.
I hope that if other really support this product then they will come in vote for it. If they don't then it shows me they really don't care about the product they are a fan of.

Same goes for the folks who won't vote because they think the other product is going to win. By not voting you are penalizing the product you think is better.

It only takes a second... VOTE! :)

(And for those wondering... no we don't spam you as a registered member... you will not get emails for us asking you to buy crap you don't want.) :)

When they roll out new software to a limited # of customers, that's effectively beta testing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

But, true beta testers would probably be aware of what's added and supposed to be fixed so they could specifically test that functionality. All we get is a popup screen telling us an update has been done...Good luck!!!

I hope that if other really support this product then they will come in vote for it. If they don't then it shows me they really don't care about the product they are a fan of.

Same goes for the folks who won't vote because they think the other product is going to win. By not voting you are penalizing the product you think is better.

It only takes a second... VOTE! :)

(And for those wondering... no we don't spam you as a registered member... you will not get emails for us asking you to buy crap you don't want.) :)

In my opinion you will always have a hard time getting response’s on directtv
And here’s why.
For three years I had dish I was a pub supporter and read every day why?
Because I was always researching problem’s, software ,hardware or billing .
Last year at this time I switch there nothing to research because I just don’t have the problems,
The software works, no equipment problems and the bill just as prescribed,
Not much to post if you don’t have the problems and I only read the dish side to see what the new PR spin is for a good laugh
We all know the hopper will win and that’s Ok

There are way more dish users than directv users on this site. I think that's going to skew the results as well.
The E* forum has 3x the posts as the D* forum... The poll is currently running 4:1. I'd venture to say the D* fan's attitude is something along the lines of, "why bother".

But, true beta testers would probably be aware of what's added and supposed to be fixed so they could specifically test that functionality.
Yes, very true. They often also get compensated in some way, like a credit/discount on a new version (in the computer s/w world), or a t-shirt (I wore my Autodesk Inventor shirt a couple of days ago), etc, etc. They also have forms to fill out, routines to run, and so on. I'm sure Dish has similar things internally and also for a small # in the real world but my feeling is the outside testers are scared to be critical.... And look what gets released in the end !

Seriously?
There is no contest on this! Hopper.....
I don't think there is a dvr out there that can compete.

The match was over even before it got started.
Knockout!

When they roll out new software to a limited # of customers, that's effectively beta testing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Do they choose the subs to participate, do they volunteer ?

Limited number of subs, how is it limited, how do they choose ?

Sure it's not a closed beta for employees ?

Seriously?

Knockout!

One persons opinion.

See, thereews a vote from someone that has one, but not the other.

Of course he's gonna vote DISH side, thats what he's using. :)

Fwiw, I think lern has had D* before.

If tuner count were equal, I would have to choose the hopper. It has some features that I have greatly missed since we swapped such as PTAT and autohop. Now PTAT is partially made up for by the extra tuners, but it sure was comforting to know that the network shows would be recorded even if we had forgotten to set a timer.

Now I know that you can add more hoppers to compensate for the lack of tuners if that is an issue, and that is what I did when I had Dish. Adding that into the mix, as a complete system counting clients and all boxes, Id vote for the hopper. It has a slight edge.

However, thats not really what this asks, so I am comparing just the Genie Hr-44 by itself to just the Hopper by itself, and with that comparison, for me and my personal uses and experiences, Id have to choose the Genie if for nothing else than the tuner count.

Seriously?

Knockout!
That depends on your needs. If you already have a slingbox, like many do including myself, but need more tuners, than the Hopper may not be as suited for you. If you mostly watch primetime and don't need as many tuners, than the Hopper maybe the best product for you.

Since I can see who voted for what, I am kind of surprised for who's voting for the Hopper. Some of our biggest DIRECTV supporters here have voted for the Hopper. Not sure what their reasoning for this is, do they believe the Hopper is better or do they want to say "See told you it would be a landslide" when the Hopper wins?

Also once again I see some of the folks saying Why Bother haven't voted. By doing this you are penalizing the product which you think is better.

So again PLEASE vote. :)

Some of our biggest DIRECTV supporters here have voted for the Hopper.
One might think that the biggest supporters don't have any other provider, i.e. no Dish service, so little to no exposure to the Hopper as well.... (using the guide to change channels at a friend's house doesn't count !)
So again PLEASE vote. :)
What's a typical total vote count for this poll, year after year ? Maybe you should re-direct anyone who clicks the link for the Dish or Directv forums to the poll. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)