VS/Golf now 2 seperate HD channels

yes, we got it wednesday, although, we have no hd on either channel yet. personally, i appreciate the split. now, i won't have to worry about potentially losing hockey games on those nights when golf was airing programs!

Great news!

The hockey games were pretty much immune from SD broadcasts (for the regular season) because they are broadcast on Monday and Tuesday only and golf HD is normally Thursday through Sunday. We should now get the playoff games in HD in the spring.

For the present, when they broadcast a College football game there is now a chance it will be in HD.

Great news!

The hockey games were pretty much immune from SD broadcasts (for the regular season) because they are broadcast on Monday and Tuesday only and golf HD is normally Thursday through Sunday. We should now get the playoff games in HD in the spring.

For the present, when they broadcast a College football game there is now a chance it will be in HD.

The 2nd game of the double header on NHL opening night (Bruins-Avalanche) wasn't listed and no one knew whether they were going to carry it or not until the game came on

And that means the encoder is still warmed up. It would be pretty easy to add something in its place. Many we get 8 channels next week. Maybe more if they kill some of the now redundant HD PPV on 110.

Does VS ever show anything in HD ? I've tuned to the previously combined HD channel and always saw 4:3 content. I know I turned on the original Rocky more than once and it was SD.

and 9468 is still in HD?? Isn't that a waste of bandwidth? A message on where to find the HD channels in HD??

Hell, they aren't going to be putting up any more HD channels, so might as well use the bandwidth, right? ;)

Wait, it's the 3rd new national HD channel - The Slate!

....almost to 150 now, aren't we?

Here is the scoop...

Before the channels split, Golf/Vs HD was available to DISH Network customers who subscribed to DishHD Absolute, TurboHD Gold and GoldHD. Beginning today, The Golf Channel HD is now available to customers who subscribe to TurboHD Silver, SilverHD and higher . Versus HD and The Golf Channel HD remain in TurboHD Gold, GoldHD and higher.

Golf HD had a show about he last Ryder Cup on tonight, shown in pillar-box format. I zoomed it, and it appeared to be in real HD. I'm wondering why they would have had to pillar-box it, since so far as I know it was all televised live in Hd.

Fitzie

Both Golf HD and VS-HD show up on my 722's guide, but only Golf HD shows up on my 622. I have rebooted and done a check switch, but still no VS. I am on AEP. Any ideas?

Brad

I registered just so I could provide some insight for those where Versus HD is not showing.

I have the same issue. Golf HD is showing, but Versus HD does not.

I was also finally able to get it to show. Dish network support wanted to send me a new vip 622. I refused since every other channel showed up fine.

Obviously a software issue.

Anyhow, with no help from dish network, I was able to work around the problem. Normally, I elect to NOT show the DishHD Channels (System Setup->Local Channels->Chan Display) so that I don't get duplicate listings.

Anyhow, as soon as I said to *Enable* DishHD Channels, I could see Versus HD on 151. I still do not see it (nothing listed) under the normal higher channel (9466).

Anyhow, this is just a workaround for what looks to be an obvious software bug.

Good luck.

TS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts