VS / NHL Venting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HammerHead001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Alright - I know this is a dead horse issue.... But I have to vent here.

So, as I have read on the boards for months that VS is probably gone for a while. At least through the NHL playoffs.

So, I am a good fan, I order center ice every year. I travel to watch games (as we don't have an NHL team here in KC). But this VS monopoly has really got me twisted.

Tonight, my Blues are on VS and I am forced to watch a crappy stream across the net because I can't get the game on Center Ice or FSN. (Don't give me any static about my team - we are rebuilding).

Are there any provisions in the works for the playoffs? As, many of those games are surely only available on VS.

Is it too much to ask? I know hockey isn't a terribly popular sport for all but there are a few of us that are true fans... Is this not Gary Bettman's mess? Is this how is treats his dying fan base?

Please tell me I am going to be able to see all of the playoff games!

Short of taking a hostage, this mild venting is all I can do now....

no versus means you won't see all the playoff games unless nhl's game center has a special package for the playoffs.

I agree with you 100%, and this will REALLY SUCK when the playoffs come.

I have a solution for me, but it is not ideal for many people, and is expensive. The fact that the "sports leader" puts people in this sitaution, however, is just crazy.

So, as I have read on the boards for months that VS is probably gone for a while. At least through the NHL playoffs.

So, I am a good fan, I order center ice every year. I travel to watch games (as we don't have an NHL team here in KC). But this VS monopoly has really got me twisted.

Tonight, my Blues are on VS and I am forced to watch a crappy stream across the net because I can't get the game on Center Ice or FSN. (Don't give me any static about my team - we are rebuilding).

Are there any provisions in the works for the playoffs? As, many of those games are surely only available on VS.

Is it too much to ask? I know hockey isn't a terribly popular sport for all but there are a few of us that are true fans... Is this not Gary Bettman's mess? Is this how is treats his dying fan base?

Good game! I was there...

I had a similar situation with Dish, and their refusal to make a deal with YES Network for the Yankees, and their inability to make a deal with Cablevision for the MSG-HD feeds for my Buffalo Sabres Games.

Unfortunately the best solution for me was to move to TWC and accept their inferior DVR, but get HD versions MSG and YES; along with an added bonus of canadian channels CBC (hockey night in canada) and CTV (Olympic Coverage), however they are only in SD.

I agree with you 100%, and this will REALLY SUCK when the playoffs come.

I have a solution for me, but it is not ideal for many people, and is expensive. The fact that the "sports leader" puts people in this sitaution, however, is just crazy.

i have a solution too, its called adding cable. the fact my cable company is adding hd like crazy and dtv isn't..........................................

lets say depending on what national hd adds in the next few months will determine if i keep or dump them. i'm outta contract so its tempting.

btw, i just bought a brand new hd tivo because i got a great deal so i get to ditch the cable companys horrible dvr and software.

i have a solution too, its called adding cable. the fact my cable company is adding hd like crazy and dtv isn't..........................................

lets say depending on what national hd adds in the next few months will determine if i keep or dump them. i'm outta contract so its tempting.

btw, i just bought a brand new hd tivo because i got a great deal so i get to ditch the cable companys horrible dvr and software.

I'm paddling the same boat you are, waiting to see what we get from D12. My local cable company has done a very good job in adding hd, also.

I had a similar situation with Dish, and their refusal to make a deal with YES Network for the Yankees, and their inability to make a deal with Cablevision for the MSG-HD feeds for my Buffalo Sabres Games.

Unfortunately the best solution for me was to move to TWC and accept their inferior DVR, but get HD versions MSG and YES; along with an added bonus of canadian channels CBC (hockey night in canada) and CTV (Olympic Coverage), however they are only in SD.

Did you not consider going with Directv?

Did you not consider going with Directv?

Well, Directv already started their crap with Versus; and TWC gave me a deal with 2 year price guarantee and no commitment on my part. So I figured if TWC screwed up I would switch over to Directv, however I never expected this pissing contest with Vs to last this long either. So, until the end of the stanley cup playoffs I will be staying put, whereas I sub to NHL Centerice every year too.

Well, Directv already started their crap with Versus; and TWC gave me a deal with 2 year price guarantee and no commitment on my part. So I figured if TWC screwed up I would switch over to Directv, however I never expected this pissing contest with Vs to last this long either. So, until the end of the stanley cup playoffs I will be staying put, whereas I sub to NHL Centerice every year too.

I forgot about the VS angle. Makes sense to me. If it wasn't for the lack of YES on Dish, I would consider them.

Comcast where I live who promoest there on deman ad and all these other great features

Still only has about 20 real channels of programing

Versus is in SD not even HD and they own the darn network.

But Brighthouse ( part of time warner ) which is the town north of me has great customer has a good hd line up and does carry versus in HD.

Bottom line is it all seems to depend on where you live.

Comcast where I live who promoest there on deman ad and all these other great features

Still only has about 20 real channels of programing

Versus is in SD not even HD and they own the darn network.

But Brighthouse ( part of time warner ) which is the town north of me has great customer has a good hd line up and does carry versus in HD.

Bottom line is it all seems to depend on where you live.

Where I am, Cox has about 70 channels of hd, not as many as Directv or Dish, but they don't carry all the rsns in hd, so the count is really pretty close. Like I have always said, for me it's about content and quality. Does the provider have the programming you want, and is it of good quality?

we have brighthouse here in central florida. right now, they are up to 103 hd channels and are adding 8 more next month. they have versus plus amc, bbc america, wgn america, travel channel and msnbc. they are adding comedy central in early march and that's like a deal breaker for me.

since i got center ice free for the season because of the versus dispute, i would wait until the season is over before i dump dtv, if that's what i do.

TWC has 100 HD channels in the Buffalo NY area, however that is when they are including all premium channels; and lets face it very few of the subs gets every premium movie channel. I am getting 82, with a discounted subscription to Showtime/Movie Channel package.

TWC has 100 HD channels in the Buffalo NY area, however that is when they are including all premium channels; and lets face it very few of the subs gets every premium movie channel. I am getting 82, with a discounted subscription to Showtime/Movie Channel package.

Buffalo TWC has definitely been busy. I'm going to have to seriously consider switching when my latest commitment is up this summer (especially if I end up missing most of the Conference & Stanley Cup Finals since they will only be on Versus & NBC).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts