VZW Problems anyone else have any problems like this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeff0575

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Illinois
Here is an email with my problems with verizon wireless that my wife has sent to the Corp office of verizon wireless.

I am sure that you have dealt with my husband Jeff S on several occasions reguarding phone problems with his blackberry. Now, I am having severe problems and I feel that my problem is going unheard. After several attempts to fix my husbands phone, he was upgraded to the new Motorola Droid on Nov. 13, 2009. With in just a few days of him receiving his phone, I began to experience, what the verizon tech support calls "White Noise" every time we talked on the phone. At first it would only happen once or twice in conversation. As the days past, it became more frequent and changed. It started with just a loud "beep" that would cover up him talking and it progressed to it lasting as long as 30 seconds. We can not carry on a conversation more than a few minutes at a time. This problem only happens when we are talking. I am the only one that can hear the noise. It is too the point now where i do not want to talk to him on the phone because this noise it so bad. I spend at least 100hrs a week at work and talking on the phone is our main way of communication.

I called tech support and talked to a very helpful person about 10 days ago. His solution was to take the battery out for 30 seconds, and then do *228 and option 1. He said the problem was that the Droid was stuck on a switch and this would resolve the issue. Jeff tried this, and yes it did work for a few days. Once the new software update for the droid was sent to his phone, the problem occurred again. This time the sound is very frequent. I called tech support again, and got the same advise as before. We even we as far as to do the same steps to my blackberry curve. This still did not work. I called tech support again. Was told this time to call *** so that the tower could be marked to see if it was a tower issue. I was told by the service rep that i was suppose to receive a call back on Sunday November 13 at 10am to check and see if my problem was fixed. I NEVER received a call back. My husband was tired of not being able to talk to me and he called tech support himself and that customer service rep said the problem was with the Droid and they sent him a new phone via FedEx. His new phone was received today Nov. 14th. Once the phone was activated, he called me and within just a few minutes, the noise was there.

I called tech support right after that happened, and I talked to another rep. His solution was to pull the batteries in both phones and call *228 and choose option # 2 and to make sure that the master volume was set at 75% and that should fix my problem. I told him that the Droid was less than an hour old and that something else must be the problem. He just kept repeating himself. So I hung up. I called Jeff back to tell him what the tech said, and of course, he was not satisfied with this answer, he calls tech support himself. Once again, they want the battery pulled and then they said that they were resetting my switch in my blackberry manually. This attempt to fix the phone failed too.

Jeff called tech support back, and was connected to a tech Tiffany Employee #6794. She once again wanted to reset the phone. She then got very hateful with my husband and RAISED HER VOICE to him on the phone. Jeff requested to speak to her supervisor and she became very defensive and got even louder and refused to let him speak with the supv. After several minutes of arguing, he was finally connected to a supv Nick #6734. Once again, he wanted to reset the phones. They had just been reset with in the hr and he wanted the process to be done again.

Everything they have tried has not worked and they want to do nothing but reset the phone. All they do is keep talking in circles.

Talking on the phone may not be that important to some people, but for us, it is very important. We spend lots of money for our cell phone plan and this is just nuts that I can talk to anyone else with out any problems, but I can not talk to my own husband without getting this loud screech in my ear. It is very annoying and I'm sure that it cant be good for my hearing.

There has to be something that can be done to correct this problem. And when is it ever appropriate for a customer service rep raise their voice to a customer??????

Once had a similar issue but with all calls, not just to my wife's phone. It turned out to be a bad BT head set. But, I'm sure you have eliminated any extra device like that on the phone in your troubleshooting. I have no other ideas, sorry.

As to the issue of a CSR raising their voice... Let me offer you this thought. You know at least you got under their skin even of it didn't accomplish anything. I often get annoyed with the CSR who acts as if he couldn't care less, who shows no emotion and demonstrates no empathy with your frustration, then finishes with a canned line like, "Have a nice day and thank you for selecting our really annoying service. We appreciate that. " Doesn't that just make you want to rip their privates out from between their legs and shove them down their throats?

I'm 99% positive that pulling the battery and doing #228, then option # 1, does NOTHING on Android, BlackBerry, or Windows Mobile phones. But, you have to go through the motions with them.... Option # 2 is to up date the tower (PRL) list, as I recall, so if you're in the same general location and since VZW isn't putting up new towers (in the same area) on a weekly basis, doing it more than every couple of months isn't needed either.

Does this problem occur with other people you call ? Problem occurs with (3) different phones your husband has but you're still using the same phone ?

I hear echos when people are talking on their bluetooth headsets all the time. They have their volume up too loud and it causes echos.

The weird part of my problem is that i am using the droid and the wife is using an 8330 blackberry and this Fax noise or white noise only happens when these phones talk to each other. i can call anyone else any no one else hears this problem from my phone and she can talk to anyone else on her phone and no one else hears this noise. and the bb has now been replaced and so has the droid and problem is still there.

When you and your wife observe this phenomenon, does it happen on different towers and locations or only when in the same locations? If different, then you really do have a weird problem. If only at one location then maybe there is a problem at the towers. All else fails, one of you needs to get a different phone. :) My suggestion is for the BB to hit the road! :D

New phones for both of you...
Doesn't occur when you call others...
Doesn't occur when your wife calls others...

Can you understand the difficulty in troubleshooting this ?

One could say there's a voice incompatibility between your two original phones, but one of those has been replaced by a different model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)