w5 pic quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
My mom just got directv standard def. A d12 receiver. Don't ever complain about w5 pic quality-w5 is high def compared to directv standard def and I am not even kidding. Moms tv is connected with s video and left right RCA plugs for audio. Pics are not as sharp and colorful as w5.

My mom just got directv standard def. A d12 receiver. Don't ever complain about w5 pic quality-w5 is high def compared to directv standard def and I am not even kidding. Moms tv is connected with s video and left right RCA plugs for audio. Pics are not as sharp and colorful as w5.

Did you expect quality from pizza :eek: W5 has to be better since they are feeding it to cable companies. In a way it's sort of a master. Long live C band and 4DTV :)

The D12 does not output the best picture....but most of the Directv DVR's have better and cleaner picture.

I have a R22 DVR and the picture is definitely better than the stock D12 receiver.

I had previously had moms tv connected to a pansat 9200HD with s2 board. She is still using fta c/ku band on a 7.5' mesh dish with corotor. Added directv for her 101 dtv channel LOL. I did think the SD sucked for the most part.

I had previously had moms tv connected to a pansat 9200HD with s2 board. She is still using fta c/ku band on a 7.5' mesh dish with corotor. Added directv for her 101 dtv channel LOL. I did think the SD sucked for the most part.

It is poor on the LSD, but I heard what Ice say being true before that some receivers mostly the HD one's do a better job. Still it can't compare with the Bud channels, nothing can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts