W5 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
DI noticed that while I was clicking thru channels 1 to 24 on W5 that the DCII lit up on several channels. Why is that? Is it possible to set our 4DTV on one of those channels to get a remap?
I noticed that on some other satellites as well.

DI noticed that while I was clicking thru channels 1 to 24 on W5 that the DCII lit up on several channels. Why is that? Is it possible to set our 4DTV on one of those channels to get a remap?

Commercial DCII signals are the same as 4DTV DCII signals, but the map is controlled by licensing, that is, what you are paying for, and are allowed to receive. If you were a cable company, they would map one channel, and that one DCII box that was authorized would be the only one mapped to recieve the channel... Is this what you are asking?:rolleyes:

This is because the frequency range is still the same as the old 1 thru 24 transponders. When you hit, say, 21 for example, that could be where virtual DCII channels 700 thru 806 could be broadcast. The 3 digit numbers actually "break up" one of the channels/transponders in the 1-24 range into several channels...all from that one transponder, since digital channels occupy a much smaller portion of a transponder than 1 analog channel. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)