Wade Wilson suspended

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
Cowboys coach Wade Wilson suspended

NEW YORK - Dallas quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson was suspended for five games by the NFL on Saturday for buying and using performance-enhancing substances.

Wilson, a 48-year-old former NFL quarterback, also was fined $100,000. He said he took the drugs to try to "improve the quality of my life" after living with diabetes for more than 20 years. He acknowledged he acted without "proper medical supervision."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wilson would return to his job after his suspension ends Oct. 9.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said both Wilson's suspension and the suspension Friday of New England safety Rodney Harrison stemmed from the investigation by the Albany (N.Y.) district attorney's office. Authorities there have been looking into an Internet ring involving performance-enhancing drugs and allegedly involving athletes from a number of sports.

Aiello said the third NFL person involved in the investigation was Dr. Richard Ryzde, one of the Pittsburgh Steelers' team doctors. He had earlier been fired by the team. Rydze and Wilson fall under a provision of the NFL's drug policy that makes any league employee possessing or using performance enhancers subject to discipline.

Cowboys coach Wade Wilson suspended - Yahoo! News

I wounder how many more.:rolleyes:

There's got to be more to this story than they're letting on. Do they test coaches? If so, why?

Good point! WHY test coaches? I mean can see keeping an eye on them for the POSSIBILITY of selling/buy/distribution....

But if they take them...who cares? They are not playing.

They are still employees of the NFL, and they must follow NFL rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)