Wal-Mart's $100 Gift Card Boosts PS3 Sales

I would not doubt it, thats a helluva deal. An article from last week stated that the PS3 will most likely over take the 360 by the end of this generation to be #2. The nwe'll have the next gen units to argue about.

It's a real temptation for me to pick up another one. Have they said how long the promo will last?

I thought predictions were for the PS3 to outsell the 360 sometime this year. Does that still hold? I understand that rate of sales and total sales are different, but both are of interest.

I got my first yesterday for Blu Rays :)

All of my Wal Marts sold out too. I got the last one 10 miles away

The gift card means that that standalone player from Magnavox only costs $200. I know it doesn't have the profile 2.0 stuff, but can it play all BD films? I rarely use the extra features on HD DVD, and it seems to me that if it will play the movies, $200 is definitely my price point.

The gift card means that that standalone player from Magnavox only costs $200. I know it doesn't have the profile 2.0 stuff, but can it play all BD films? I rarely use the extra features on HD DVD, and it seems to me that if it will play the movies, $200 is definitely my price point.

Satinkzo did a review of it, think the big issue is the remote kinda stinks. It is a 1.1 player though, so you should not have any problems.

It is one of the Funai clones. I think if you have the extra $100 to spend on a PS3, its a no brainer. The PS3 has so many other cool uses beyond BD and gaming, its a fun machine.

The wife was out tonight so I finally got to watch Man on Fire in BD, very nice. Audio was great too. Now if Cloverfield would just get here :(

I did it; I'm a cylon. The avatar shows HD DVD loyalty, but I just bought the magnavox. :) No air locks please.

Got the $100 card in my wallet; $220 when all was said and done after the gift card. It was at my price point.

The magnavox does not have a TOS optical for audio; has digital coax, but I had a cable sitting around, so no biggie.

Bought Stargate for $15, looks steller; and watched a little of Night at the Museum (Sony LCD came with three BDs). Picture is on par with HD DVD; and looks stellar on the 106" screen.

The remote is cheap, but I am going to get a universal anyways; too many remotes in the HT room. No biggie. I was going to get the SONY, but $300 was not at my price-point.

It is one of the Funai clones. I think if you have the extra $100 to spend on a PS3, its a no brainer. The PS3 has so many other cool uses beyond BD and gaming, its a fun machine.

The wife was out tonight so I finally got to watch Man on Fire in BD, very nice. Audio was great too. Now if Cloverfield would just get here :(

This was for the HT room, and I didn't want my kid playing video games on the 106" screen, burning up hours on the bulb.

Cylon here also... I bought mine yesterday along with The Fifth Element... not a gamer so that was out... the Magnavox remote is very close to Panasonic dvd players I have owned except lighter weight so was easy to get used to... same as rocky on the PQ... It is not listed as such, but the Magnavox will play AVC HD discs...

Cool let us know how they work.

SO far so good. I had three free BDs that came with the SONY LCD, so we watched one tonight (50 First Dates); not sure why they provided it as a freebie to show off the format, but the sound was crisp, and the PQ was very good - particularly all the Hawaii scenery.

The remote is definitely cheap, but who cares; its a remote. For $200, it was a steal.

Not gonna abandon the HD DVD player though; I'll buy discs when I find them for a steal; but never again will I buy a plain-old DVD. The collection will all be red and blue from here on out. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)