Walking Dead Timer Problem

barryaz1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale AZ
I've had The Walking Dead set up as a Timer (New only) for years, and was even a transfer from my 722 backup. But I looked at the Daily Schedule for this coming Sunday and it was neither recording, no skipped for priority reasons. So I moved it's priority to 1, and even deleted and recreated the timer, and still nothing. It does show as New in the Guide. For the meantime, I did it as a one-time recording, but what's going on? And BTW, The Talking Dead is fine.

We have reported the issue with the timers not showing correctly for the premiere on Sunday. I was able to set up a one time timer through the guide for the episode as a back up just like you were able to.

We have reported the issue with the timers not showing correctly for the premiere on Sunday. I was able to set up a one time timer through the guide for the episode as a back up just like you were able to.

What a tough one to have as a problem. It will really turn around and bite you!

If you go to your daily schedule, and hit "show skipped", are there more than 50 airings skipped because not new before the new episode?

We have reported the issue with the timers not showing correctly for the premiere on Sunday.

Really? :facepalm

It looks to me like this is another instance of the same problem we had when the new season of Doctor Who premiered: the network is airing a bunch of re-runs the week before the premiere, so the timer limit gets used up. As the time of the premiere gets closer, the number of events should drop below the limit, and the new episode will automatically be recognized as new.

It would be nice if dish would finally increase the limit on timer events (why should there even be a limit? there's no shortage of memory these days!) but I'm not holding my breath, since the problem has been around forever.

Meanwhile, such a blatant bug should have a sticky note here. (If I had my way, Dish would be required to send out notification to their customers about known issues like this, since they seem incapable of fixing them!)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You are most likely right and it is just because of the previous episodes airing. When I was talking to Mary about the issue because of the numerous reports we have been getting from subscribers, I felt that it would better to submit a ticket on the issue so the techs take a look at it instead of just saying wait and see. I'll be sure to forward your feedback along with that ticket Jim.

Anyone who has the series set for new only, it will still record. It is only because it doesn't track more than 50 ahead including skipped timers. Once the new episode becomes number 49 it will appear in the daily schedule as recording. Setting up individual timers can confuse the system, and prevent it from recording, as a glitch

Reactions: charlesrshell
By the time the show airs enough timerd will have fallen off, as mentioned above. This same thing happened last year I believe and I don't think anyone actually missed the recording due to this perceived problem.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: ChadT41
By the time the show airs enough timerd will have fallen off, as mentioned above. This same thing happened last year I believe and I don't think anyone actually missed the recording due to this perceived problem.

You are correct.

Reactions: ChadT41
I love The Walking Dead but that is one show that I'm not worried about missing a recording on. Those shows get replayed pretty often and it's easy to get them recorded if missed the first time.

Thoght my crs had went into overdrive,I was looking through the schedule last night, and noticed TWD wasn't set to record.I knew it should have already been set from last season,plus I had reset the timer just a few days ago.Glad I found this thread, and I hope Dish gets this fixed soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)