Hopper OTA adapter price drop to $30

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
I called Dish yesterday because of an issue with an incomplete recording. Long story short, I asked the technical support rep if I could get an OTA adapter as a backup for my local channels. He told me they had them in stock, and they were now $30. Because I was a valued Dish customer, and had an issue with a recording from a local channel, he let me have it for half off ($15!!). Not a bad deal, and it will help keep my wife happy to have a backup for her soap operas.

I called Dish yesterday because of an issue with an incomplete recording. Long story short, I asked the technical support rep if I could get an OTA adapter as a backup for my local channels. He told me they had them in stock, and they were now $30. Because I was a valued Dish customer, and had an issue with a recording from a local channel, he let me have it for half off ($15!!). Not a bad deal, and it will help keep my wife happy to have a backup for her soap operas.

That is a pretty sweet deal. I'm assuming you have an antenna already to use on the OTA module? The reason I ask is because I've seen Dish reps send OTA modules to customers promising that they will get their locals channels with just the module. The module is worthless without an antenna.

I'm gonna offer my new neighbor a service to remove his old school large antenna, if he doesn't mind me putting it on my roof. Seems fair. He gets his roof back, I get free ota. Lol.

Reactions: navychop
Yes I do have an antenna on my roof that I had been using with my 722 up until about 3 weeks ago. When I first placed my order I was told that the adapter was $50 but they were out of stock. Best price I could find online was $37, so I was pretty excited to pick one up for $15.

There seems to be a miscommunication with equipment. The M2 OTA adapter for the 722k is $50 and would appear as unavailable if you have a hopper. I still think the representive should have known better but it happens.

Reactions: navychop
Half price seems fair for the adapter, since on-going software issues have rendered about half (+/-) of the OTA functionality useless. :oldno

Well, let us refer to the limited utility as "frustrating utility."

:D

Ironic that they're offering the modules even cheaper considering the annoying, long-standing issues with Hopper and OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)