Wall mounting of 30" or 36"dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
FL/TN
I guess I am in the right place, if not, tell me.

I am close to pulling the trigger on a motorized 30" or 36" Dish. The only spot I have to mount it considering nearby trees, etc, is on a wall about 10' off the ground. I plan to use a universal wall mount. Due to the site limitations I will only be able to swing from sats at 129 w to 87w (azimuth is 250 degs mag, elev is 29 degs mag and azimuth is 193 degs mag, elev is 56 degs mag respectively from my location) and and the wall I am attaching to faces 160~165 magnetic.
My question is, will a wall mount and a SG 2100 motor space either dish far enough out to swing this arc without hitting the wall it is attached to?

Sorry but my math isn't so good in my retiring years :D

Ps: I am in Florida, thus the 30" dish consideration..........

Ok, thanks guys.
I was a bit concerned the dish elevation might cause me some problems but it looks like I am good to go.

My motorized 90CM is about 22' up and hits 72° through 148° easily, except 82° which I think has a tree in the way. (and I have no need for it anyway)

You need to mount your's a bit better than mine, I didn't have side braces or a place to put them without going even higher. This is stucco also. :(

Attachments

• IMG_7179.JPG
    IMG_7179.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 149
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts