Wall Terminations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve515

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Ky
What do you guys do for wall plates (terminations) for your cband systems?

What do you mean wall plates ..can you explain a little more what your trying to do.

If you mean a wallplate that has a multi conductor plug to accomodate the motor and servo wiring..i have not seen one of those in years. back in the day they used to make them. I have a junction box located in the wood baseboard that has a conduit feeding it. I just have two coaxes and a multi conductor thermostat wire that passes through and out to my analog receiver (for dish positioning) and c and ku coaxes.

I am talking about the termination point at the wall in your house. You know, where your tv is.

I'm not just gonna drill a hole in the wall and have cables/wires going thru. I am talking about a termination point at the wall.

I have some ideas on what i am thinking of using, i was curious what most of you use.

I take a blank wall plate cover, trace the ribbon cable outline and use a Dremel to remove the plastic. Feed the cable through the plate attach the fittings and attach the plate to the junction box or mounting bracket.

I never used wall termination plates as I feel that this introduces a week point with signal loss in the barrels and the splice blocks adding more possible failure point. Back in the C-Band tech days we would find broken and yanked out wires were very common cause of service failure.

Edit: Found this photo of a cable pass through that I have used.
VANWPBW2W_wiresV2_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.