Wally and Pathway X2 not working.

Limey343

Original poster
Feb 27, 2020
Nebraska
Hi, thanks for the add.

We have a new wally box and pathway X2 satellite but for the life of me I am unable to get them to talk. The instructions say to hook it up via our RV connections and if that doesn’t work connect it directly to the dish. I’ve tried both ways, and still the dish will not initialize or move at all.
Am I doing something wrong or missing something that is not in the instructions?
Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!!

Hi, thanks for the add.

We have a new wally box and pathway X2 satellite but for the life of me I am unable to get them to talk. The instructions say to hook it up via our RV connections and if that doesn’t work connect it directly to the dish. I’ve tried both ways, and still the dish will not initialize or move at all.
Am I doing something wrong or missing something that is not in the instructions?
Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!!

Have you been able to double-check that the handle of the portable dish is pointing north, is on a flat surface, and that it's connected to a good power source? If it is connected to a power source, try plugging something else into that outlet to see if there's an issue with the outlet to rule that out.

Have you been able to double-check that the handle of the portable dish is pointing north, is on a flat surface, and that it's connected to a good power source? If it is connected to a power source, try plugging something else into that outlet to see if there's an issue with the outlet to rule that out.

I don't think the Pathway X2 needs a separate power source. I think it gets it's power from the receiver over the coax.

I use RG 11 coax 150’ length with Wally and pathway X2 with no problem hooked into the outside cable connection on my camper.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Sounds like you definitely have a software issue..When you unplug the receiver and plug in back in with the pathway connected power up receiver..it should go into the Portable/Mobile Antenna screen..I believe the current software is U808 from what I can find here on the forum..Dish use to have a page for current software but I believe it's gone now.You may have to disconnect the pathway to check the software version.I think it's menu then tools and screen should show the info page