Wally DVR fee

Nope. The Wally is not considered a DVR receiver so the $5 fee applies whether you attach a hard drive or not.
So even after you attach an external hard drive to your Wally and pay for the one time $40.00 fee for the dvr software , you will STILL have to pay another $5.00 fee monthly? This is just WRONG if this is truely DISH's new plan. Just keep on giving more incentives to subs to churn and or cut the cord.

So even after you attach an external hard drive to your Wally and pay for the one time $40.00 fee for the dvr software , you will STILL have to pay another $5.00 fee monthly? This is just WRONG if this is truely DISH's new plan. Just keep on giving more incentives to subs to churn and or cut the cord.
Yes, if there is going to be a monthly fee, then the least Dish could do would be to eliminate the $40 DVR activation fee, just like Dish eliminated the $40 fee to activate external hard drive functionality on DVRs with built-in hard drives, many years ago.

Yes, if there is going to be a monthly fee, then the least Dish could do would be to eliminate the $40 DVR activation fee, just like Dish eliminated the $40 fee to activate external hard drive functionality on DVRs with built-in hard drives, many years ago.
I think that they must not have many subs who know anything about the one time fee so they think they can get away this no Dvr Fee. Will DISH ever learn that their ever increasing FEES are chasing customers out the door as much if not more , than the programming increases?

DISH : the King of Ever Increasing Fees , that they create and charge , because they can.

I only get sensitive about people posting inaccurate information.
Don't be such a party pooper. If you look closlely you'll notice I said "only" supports two TVs. As in it doesn't support more than two TVs. Every Hopper has required a Joey for each additional TV, I always assumed the Hopper Duo was no different. It's not my fault some people think its like the old Vip DVRs.

Just to add more confusion:
... you'll notice I said "only" supports two TVs. As in it doesn't support more than two TVs.
...with independent viewing. Technically, it is possible to hook up more than one Joey to a Hopper Duo, and if both tuners are in use, then the additional Joey would have to mirror what is being watched at the first Joey or Hopper Duo location. Or, the additional Joey could be used for something that does not require a tuner, such as watching recordings, VOD, Netflix, or other apps. The additional Joey could even have independent viewing of another local channel if one tuner is tuned to one of the four major networks, or by using an OTA tuner. However, Dish will not actually support or allow such an installation.

Reactions: Jackonearth
Why would anyone use a Duo over a Wally? The Hopper Duo CAN support two TVs, whereas the Wally does one TV.
Cost is the same.
If I were a betting man, I’d bet you could add an External to a DUO for no cost, whereas the Wally would cost an additional $40.

As to Mike and the king of fees comment... Mike, you keep saying that, yet it is in line... exactly in line, with almost ALL other providers. Aka- Industry standard, so not the king of fees. Just not leaving money on the table.

Why would anyone use a Duo over a Wally? The Hopper Duo CAN support two TVs, whereas the Wally does one TV.
Cost is the same.
If I were a betting man, I’d bet you could add an External to a DUO for no cost, whereas the Wally would cost an additional $40.

As to Mike and the king of fees comment... Mike, you keep saying that, yet it is in line... exactly in line, with almost ALL other providers. Aka- Industry standard, so not the king of fees. Just not leaving money on the table.
"Cost is the same" for new customers. There is still a cost difference (some would say a significant cost difference) between the two for existing customers. These fees not being in line is exactly part of the problem with the perception of Dish's fees. Dish should really work to make sure that the fees for existing subscribers are more in line with their own fees, for the exact same equipment, that they advertise for new customers, and not necessarily worry about what the competition charges for a similar service.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Cost is the same.

When you create a NON DVR FEE on the first receiver you are no longer in line with all other providers. This is a bullsh*t fee that is simply GREED on their part and it does nothing but chase subs out the door.

Cost is the same.

Ok but that doesn't make it right. The whole everyone else does it argument.

That is what made Dish stand out. You could get a regular box and package and be done. Now not so much. I know every one does it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Doesn’t necessarily make it wrong either. Have to pay for stuff on a luxury service is not something wrong. If people think it’s no good, you can leave... but it’s not wrong.

I’ve never considered DISH a “luxury service”. In fact they made their company’s reputation on being the LOW priced leader and Cheaper than Cable with all those cable FEES. There was a time early in the last decade that Charlie bragged in a Charlie Chat: We are the only company that doesn’t charge you for “tapeless recording”. Now with this non Dvr fee coming online there is no difference between DISH or Cable. They will continue to lose subs with this bean counter policy that only goes to their bottom line and they will deserve it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)