Wally Receivers Failing

GateGuard

Original poster
May 28, 2021
Texas
Hello to all. This is my first post. I have two Wally receivers that are both failing. One is about 3 years old, the other just over a year. For antennas, I have a King Tailgater Pro on my work setup, at home is a Winegard Trav'ler.

I have a dialog box pop-up (1604) saying to call Dish, there is a problem that could affect viewing experience. I called and they said the memory was failing.

I checked status in the diagnostics menu. Sure enough, it showed NAND Status failing. Seems odd both receivers are doing the same thing. About once an hour the screen goes blank for 5 seconds or so and pops back on.

Anyone else run into this?

DISH issues/questions should be posted here (this forum is for problems with the SatelliteGuys site itself):

I'm guessing that the problem may be related to one or more of your 110VAC power sources being not the best of quality (i.e. a poor generator or out-of-range shore power).

I've never heard of such an error and a web search only returns references to failed USB drives that employ NAND technology.

DISH issues/questions should be posted here (this forum is for problems with the SatelliteGuys site itself):

I'm guessing that the problem may be related to one or more of your 110VAC power sources being not the best of quality (i.e. a poor generator or out-of-range shore power).

I've never heard of such an error and a web search only returns references to failed USB drives that employ NAND technology.
It's interesting you mention power. At work one of the receivers runs off generator power. Years ago I started testing the power with a Kilowatt. Too much of the time it was off the 60hz mark.

My work receiver runs off an inverter so the power it very clean. If the gen goes down, I can still watch the tube and run some lights.

Attachments

• 20210528_063130.jpg
    20210528_063130.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 199
Hello to all. This is my first post. I have two Wally receivers that are both failing. One is about 3 years old, the other just over a year. For antennas, I have a King Tailgater Pro on my work setup, at home is a Winegard Trav'ler.

I have a dialog box pop-up (1604) saying to call Dish, there is a problem that could affect viewing experience. I called and they said the memory was failing.

I checked status in the diagnostics menu. Sure enough, it showed NAND Status failing. Seems odd both receivers are doing the same thing. About once an hour the screen goes blank for 5 seconds or so and pops back on.

Anyone else run into this?
You are not alone. There was another thread about this recently. (Actually, it was two threads, but the first one accidentally got labeled as "Solved.")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)