Want a job? (Littleton, CO)

I had a friend who sold DISH door to door. He did pretty well at it. He was telling me some of the tricks they used - they definitely have it well planned out.

Funny thing is... His landlord was an engineer with the local cable company. The cable provider had an employee program that would pay out $50 anytime an employee would report seeing an installation or having knowledge of a customer switching to a satellite provider -- I think it was contingent on the retention department confirming the switch and at least attempting to convert them back. So, my friend would give the name and address of anyone who signed up with him to the landlord, and the landlord paid out half of his $50.

Shady is hell I know! For the record I had nothing to do with it -- it's just a story he told me years after the fact. This would have been around 02 or so.

lol.. if I calculate all the unpaid OT I put in I might be getting closer to that number now.. :)

I'm with you on that!

If you are a good sales person you can do very well from what it looks like. My question is ...what is extra time is that overtime that is not time and a half.

Dish pays overtime but I've heard people call it extra time also though its been mostly from the older crowd and a few from outwest.

:rolleyes: Why does everyone think its a dish specific issue to pay $11 an hour? The only company that I know that pays new technicians a decent wage to start is att/bellsouth at $18hr while companies like cable pay $11 - $15 to start depending on where you live. In this instance the job is for sales and an included hourly wage is better than what comission only sales get. Its funny to that some of you are getting wedgies over this posting to, its not like you guys have to take this job:hatsoff:

$30 per activation is cool

$11 an hour
I made more than that in High School!!!

I dont know how anyone can make a living on $11 an hour, dish is a bunch of crooks.

The base pay is $11.00 to $14.00 per hour, depending on your experience...However, that does not take into account the commission received from sales. If you take a closer look at the site, you get $30 per activation. Use the calculator at the bottom-right of the page -- it adds up!

A base salary of $22,880 and commission of $4,320 (you need to make a min of 12 sales a month) adds up to $27,200 -- a TOTALLY livable income.

$11 an hour
I made more than that in High School!!!

I dont know how anyone can make a living on $11 an hour, dish is a bunch of crooks.
$11 an hour...I would not even open one eye to look at the alarm clock for that amount of money....

The base pay is $11.00 to $14.00 per hour, depending on your experience...However, that does not take into account the commission received from sales. If you take a closer look at the site, you get $30 per activation. Use the calculator at the bottom-right of the page -- it adds up!

A base salary of $22,880 and commission of $4,320 (you need to make a min of 12 sales a month) adds up to $27,200 -- a TOTALLY livable income.
$27k is NOT livable here..Not without some extreme sacrifices and economizing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)