Want to get a new 1000.2 antenna installed

bjones1740

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
How best to go about it? When I switched to all HD programming they came out and put a wing dish up, about 18" off the ground on the same pole as my Dish 500 antenna. I rarely get in the 30's for signal off that satellite. I'd like to get rid of both and get the newer 1000.2 dish, if that will work in my area, in MI. Would I be better off buying one off ebay and trying to install it myself, or call Dish and ask them to replace what I have?

Is the wing dish pointing at 129 or 61.5? Because the 1000.2 does not access 61.5 signals.

61.5. Doesn't 129 carry the same HD programming, or am I stuck with 2 dishes for the time being? I've tried tweeking the wing dish, but can't get any better signal out of it. And it only gets worse with the snow in the winter.

What city are you in?

You may prefer a 1000.4 dish, pointing at the Eastern Arc, so that all of your signal levels are the same grade of crappy. :D Anyway, with a 24" wing dish, you should probably be getting 50s, unless you're on the fringe of a spotbeam. Have you tried peaking the dish yourself?

I'm just North of Flint, have EA/1000.4 dish and average low to high 50's on 61.5. Dunno what DMA you're in but if you want your locals in HD you need to know what sat they're on. In Detroit they're on both 129 and 61.5. Flint HD's are on 61.5 ONLY. If you're in the Detroit DMA and you have LOS you WILL get much better signal strength from the 1000.2--110/119/129. I would (did) here as well until trees caused me LOS problems. Hope this helps.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts