Recording directly to EHD?

Z06_Pilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Columbus, OH
hi folks,

I swear I saw a post somewhere that stated you could set up a timer/program to record directly to the EHD, but I have searched everywhere and can't find it.

tech. support told me the EHD was only for archival use now, and you can't record directly to it.

true?

thanks..

Somewhat true. If you have a 211 then you can add an external hard drive and record directly to it making it a dvr. If you have a 722(K), 622 or 612 then adding ehd is archival only

hi folks,

I swear I saw a post somewhere that stated you could set up a timer/program to record directly to the EHD, but I have searched everywhere and can't find it.

tech. support told me the EHD was only for archival use now, and you can't record directly to it.

true?

thanks..

No, you're not nuts. There used to be an option to record straight to the EHD on the 622 but it was removed almost a year ago. I tried it and nothing would ever record so I just stopped using it. Guess they could never get it to work so they dumped it.

No, you're not nuts. There used to be an option to record straight to the EHD on the 622 but it was removed almost a year ago. I tried it and nothing would ever record so I just stopped using it. Guess they could never get it to work so they dumped it.

That was not actually what that option was for. It was for recording on a VCR or other capture device not the external hard drive. It was very poorly written and a confusing option.

But you can watch directly from the EHD - or restore it to the main drive, if you wish. From the internal HDD, when the show is over, you can see the option to delete it. From the EHD, when the show is over, it throws you back to the listing, and you have to scroll thru to find the show, and delete it. Hope they fix that.

But you can watch directly from the EHD - or restore it to the main drive, if you wish. From the internal HDD, when the show is over, you can see the option to delete it. From the EHD, when the show is over, it throws you back to the listing, and you have to scroll thru to find the show, and delete it. Hope they fix that.

Here, here. Among the biggest pains of the EHD feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts