Want to get an FTA system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
What I need is an HD-FTA box with a PVR that can handle AC3 audio from within the box. I also need someone close to the Hendersonville,TN area that can do an install.I am also wondering if I can use the multi-switch that DN setup here to feed the signal into my house.

If you are looking for an HD FTA receiver, do you know what's available FTA in Hi Def?
What sort of SD FTA were you expecting?

No, the DishNetwork switch is unlikely to be useful, particularly if you are going to continue to be a Dish subscriber.
FTA systems do not generally meld well with Dish nor DirecTV dishes/switches.
See the Switches Simplified thread in our FAQ area, for some general guidelines.

If you are looking for an HD FTA receiver, do you know what's available FTA in Hi Def?
What sort of SD FTA were you expecting?

No, the DishNetwork switch is unlikely to be useful, particularly if you are going to continue to be a Dish subscriber.
FTA systems do not generally meld well with Dish nor DirecTV dishes/switches.
See the Switches Simplified thread in our FAQ area, for some general guidelines.

I know there are not a lot of full time feeds that are HD, but there maybe backhauls/international feeds/sports stuff that is, I was only expecting the networks in SD + channels like TBN/TVU and also RTV, I just don't know how to setup an FTA system properly(but I could be talked through it) like I said, E* fed the signal through a multi-switch(the reciever is hooked into a wall outlet similar to a cable system).

Oh, I don't plan on being a DN sub anymore if I can get an FTA system setup.

Bump

No one can help me with an FTA system, I want to get a motorized dish with an HD box, are there any HD boxes with blind scan? Also I don't know how to install but I could be talked through it, but if anyone knows anyone in the Hendersonville,TN area that can do an FTA install it would be appreciated.

BTW, I want a legal FTA system, I do not want to steal E* or BTV*

How big of a dish are you willing to install?
Most major fta brands carry HD receivers. Tho some such as pansat have good blind scan. If your really into computers you may be interested in pc dvb.

How big of a dish are you willing to install?
Most major fta brands carry HD receivers. Tho some such as pansat have good blind scan. If your really into computers you may be interested in pc dvb.

I do not want a pc dvb, I doubt my HOA would allow a BUD, but I have seen an FTA dish in the neighborhood(fortec).

Ok, can anyone recommend what dish I need to get(motorized) and also is there a reciever that can pick up the NBC mux?, is there a way to wire the dish so I can do coax into the wall outlet? Please someone who knows what they are doing respond, I really want to get this going.

That Pansat 9200 should do the NBC channels just fine, if you get it with the add-in board that adds the DVB-S2 capability. Have no idea about Nfusion, they seem to be more oriented toward some other market than free-to-air. Not really sure how big a dish you would need to pick up those S2 channels, I have heard that sometimes they are touchy. Maybe someone else can comment about that.
As far as coax in the wall, you can do that any way you want. (If you own the walls. If you're leasing or something you might be able to fish another coax alongside an existing one, or use an existing cable if one is present and unused.)
FCC regs say you can have a 1m dish, regardless of HOA restrictions. The HOA may still try to hassle you over it, if they are that type.

Others here may feel differently, but I find it hard to justify the cost of an HD receiver considering the very limited HD content available on FTA. It wont be like Dishnetwork thats for sure. Just my 2 cents. ;)

I get the NBC HD DVB-S2 channels just fine with a 90cm dish in Michigan. That being said, I'd recommend a 1.0M dish/DG380 motor and the Pansat 9200 HD receiver, as a GREAT startup system. I've recently upgraded my 90cm dish to a 1.0M dish, and really appreciate the extra SQ from the bigger dish. Some of the best feeds on FTA are HD and 4:2:2 chroma. An HD receiver also decodes the Dolby audio on some FTA channels seamlessly . Unless you don't want to watch sports uplinks and feeds, you need an HD box.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Local feed from other areas

What is happening to 123W?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)