Want to leave Dish, need help...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattzane227

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 25, 2004
It's almost time for me to re-up on NBA League Pass and Dish is having issues with Fox plus Dish doesn't show as many HD games as Directv. I was wanting to switch but I was wanting to keep the bill about the same as I'm paying with Dish which is around $60.

America's Top 200 $54.99
DVR Service $6.00
HD 200 Free $0.00

Total
$60.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

I have a 722 right now downstairs w/ the big screen for HD and then I have coax with a splitter going to 2 bedroom TV's.

Can you get an RF remote for Directv DVR's that goes through walls like Dish 722's have? I don't really care if there is no "dual mode" and they all have to watch the same thing as long as I can still control the DVR from different rooms like w/ the 722.

Thanks

The DVRs come with RF remotes. As far as pricing goes, you should be able to compare the prices on their website. The website will show you the pricing with the discounts and after the discounts.

Matt: Directv DVR works a little different than your 722. I would suggest you get one DVR and a free HD receiver for a bedroom TV. Then select Whole Home Viewing. If you upgrade to a second HDTV, you will be ready to go.

It's almost time for me to re-up on NBA League Pass and Dish is having issues with Fox plus Dish doesn't show as many HD games as Directv. I was wanting to switch but I was wanting to keep the bill about the same as I'm paying with Dish which is around $60.

America's Top 200 $54.99
DVR Service $6.00
HD 200 Free $0.00

Total
$60.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

I have a 722 right now downstairs w/ the big screen for HD and then I have coax with a splitter going to 2 bedroom TV's.

Can you get an RF remote for Directv DVR's that goes through walls like Dish 722's have? I don't really care if there is no "dual mode" and they all have to watch the same thing as long as I can still control the DVR from different rooms like w/ the 722.

Thanks

Regular Prices

Base Packages:
Choice $58.99
Choice Xtra $63.99
Choice Ultimate $68.99
Premier $114.99

DVR service $7.00
HD Service $10.00*
It is possible to get it free with Choice Ultimate and Premier.
Whole-Home DVR+HD $20.00*
It is possible to get this for $10/mo. with Choice Ultimate and Premier.

I hope that helps with your decision.
To be fair, the first year promotional prices are:
Choice $29.99/month
Choice Xtra $34.99/month
Choice Ultimate $39.99/month
Premier 5 months free with NFL Sunday Ticket and then $59.99/month [not sure how this one works in terms of price at the beginning...I am guessing that you would pay for NFL Sunday Ticket]
Of course, the promotional prices require a 24 month agreement.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I do suggest looking at the channel lists to ensure that you are happy with your service.

Last edited:
Did you have to re up a 2 yr. contract for HD free?

You do realize D* HD DVRs don't have a RF output (no ch 3/4 output to send signals to another room)

Did you have to re up a 2 yr. contract for HD free?

You do realize D* HD DVRs don't have a RF output (no ch 3/4 output to send signals to another room)

Nope I talked to Dish to make sure and they said I was not currently under contract.

Sooo no RF output means you can't run coax off the DVR to another room?

Thanks for the help everybody.

Nope I talked to Dish to make sure and they said I was not currently under contract.

Sooo no RF output means you can't run coax off the DVR to another room?

Thanks for the help everybody.

You can you just need a cheap $20 or so box from Walmart to do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)