Want to Order HBO But Required to Drop Grandfathered Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MI_SAT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I just tried to order HBO online but was told on the website that my package (Choice Xtra Classic) is "not compatible" with ordering HBO.

I'm guess that this is complete BS. They're just trying to force me into a more costly package.

I don't want to drop my grandfathered package. Is there any way to order HBO and keep my existing package?

Oh, and I am also grandfathered for Sprout (the kids channel). If I lose that, I'll need to move out. That would require Choice Ultimate to get Sprout.

Thanks in advance!

I think you can add it without losing your status if you call in.

you can add it and remove it via a phone call without losing grandfathered status. You just cant add it online

When I had Xtra Classic I had the same issues. You mite be able to use the voice prompts to add HBO

I use to add the HD Extra Pack (and remove it 3 months later) with no issues thru the phone system when I had Xtra Classic package

I call bovine defecation to that, too.

Heck, as we were getting our free upgrade to Genie with a grandfathered programming package, they were practically throwing in the HBO package free for three months (we rejected due to not having that much movie-watching in our house).

Yes, if you call you can do it, just make sure the CSR does not change your grandfathered package.

It worked! Using the automated phone system, no less.

They need to reprogram their website to eliminate the requirement to upgrade the base programming package. I would bet most people just decide not to add the premium channel. Ridiculous.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

I went thru that same BS when I wanted to add Showtime for the last season of Dexter. I went along with their demand then cancelled Showtime after the last season ended. Wish I had known what you all are saying at that time so I wouldn't have had to relinquish my grandfathered package. Actually making the change didn't cost me any more or lose any of the channels we watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)