Want to replace SD receiver with HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

atcsat64

Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Texas
I have newer swm whole home HR24/H24 plus 3 SD's but now have more HDTVs. Want to buy used HD receiver to upgrade without new contract. Whole home capability not important for replacing (doesn't work with current SD's) but what should I be looking for? I know to check rec ID# with D before I buy used, but what other limitations should I be concerned about?

Thanks in advance

Have you checked with Directv yet? They may offer you the best deal.

Upgrading equipment will always extend or renew your contract. Going from sd to hd will do it.

He still will be leasing the receiver from Directv.

"All DIRECTV equipment offers are for leased equipment only. Equipment costs, particularly for advanced products such as HD and/or DVR receivers, can be sizable and provides customers with a more affordable alternative.

As of 3/1/06 DIRECTV® now requires a 24 month commitment and all equipment must be returned to DIRECTV® if customer cancels service with DIRECTV®"

There are very few OWNed boxes anymore, everything is "Leased" since '06.

Doesn't matter if it's leased or owned, once you ACTIVATE the recvr, the 2 yr contract goes into effect, has nothing to do with new or old.

Jimbo said:
There are very few OWNed boxes anymore, everything is "Leased" since '06.

Doesn't matter if it's leased or owned, once you ACTIVATE the recvr, the 2 yr contract goes into effect, has nothing to do with new or old.

Dang, did not know that, another wrong assumption on my part.

Like I mentioned earlier, upgrading your equipment, whether owned or leased, will trigger the commitment. Going from an sd box to an hd box is considered an upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts