want to switch from directv

bobtet

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
va
I am ready to switch to Dish from Direct, I have two tv's what do you recommend for receivers?. I would like two Hoppers??? Is that possible?

I am ready to switch to Dish from Direct, I have two tv's what do you recommend for receivers?. I would like two Hoppers??? Is that possible?
With only two TVs, why would you want 2 Hoppers? One Hopper 3 and a Joey are all you would ever need. You would have to purchase the second one outright and pay more in monthly fees. Makes no sense.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I would recommend a Hopper 3 and a Joey 3. The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners as well as 4K capability. With 16 tuners you have no recording conflicts. The Joey will be able to watch all channels and all recordings from the Hopper. Is there a specific reason you are thinking about 2 Hoppers?

You could get 2 Hopper 2's from DISH but like KAB said, if you want 2 Hopper 3's you have to buy the second one.

Like has been said, a Hopper 3 and a Joey 3 would probably be the best solution as long as you don't have to have the DVR's isolated.

You could get 2 Hopper 2's from DISH but like KAB said, if you want 2 Hopper 3's you have to buy the second one.

Like has been said, a Hopper 3 and a Joey 3 would probably be the best solution as long as you don't have to have the DVR's isolated.

thanks to all that responded. you have answered all my ???s.
looks like the Hopper3 and the joey3 is my route.
If i want to isolate my recordings what would need to change?

You could create folders on the H3 drive or add 2 external drives. Keep in mind that external drives are not accessible through Dishanywhere app. The internal is accessible in DA, but in my experience the folders don’t show up. Only they’re contents.

If you want to totally isolate your recordings you would need 2 Hoppers.

This isn't a answer to your question but have you looked into what your local network situation is? If you decide to get the local networks you may have some of them blacked out and Dish has a history of long negotiations with the networks.

This isn't a answer to your question but have you looked into what your local network situation is? If you decide to get the local networks you may have some of them blacked out and Dish has a history of long negotiations with the networks.

not worried about locals, thanks. can use reg ant for them.

I will report back after the install with an update on my satisfaction.

Let’s see, I’ve had Dish for nearly 20 years. In that time I have had one local channel blacked out for a total of less than a week. Generalizations don’t count for much...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts