Wanted Could Spark Blu-ray Demand

I'm sure I'll rent it, but I have a feeling this will be like Jumper. Looks promising, great potential story and then is very disappointing.

If "Day Watch" and "Night Watch" (same director) are of any indication, it has a chance to be a good movie. In its genre.

And the good news is - it will be an all-English movie, no chance to screw up the subtitles as they did in the "Watch" sequel.
Starting with the title...

Diogen.

Iron Man and Hulk will spark Blu-Ray demand far more.

Wanted could turn out to be one of those 'show off' movies like Transformers though. Doesn't matter if it's good, it's got effects so people will buy it.

In fact, unless they rush it to DVD, it's probably going to either get lost in the glare, or ride the coattails of both those movies, since they should both be out first.

I know that if I pay full price (and will be happy to do so) for both of those, it will be a bit before we get Wanted.

I really don't think this is a title that will turn the BD world upside down. I.M.O. Titles that have the potential to be big sellers span generations or cross genres and would be titles like (in no particular order):

Back to the Future
J.P.
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones
Titanic (possibly)

to name a few.

S~

Will the Indy series be out this year on BD? I thought it was next year. But if this year, then that will be the 1 thing on my Christmas list (gotta let others buy me stuff now and then).

You guys are delusional if you think a catalog title will be a homerun for sales.

Wanted like the POS Jumper speaks to the largest demographic of Blu-Ray--PS3 owners. Even those that bought a PS3 for Blu-Ray are probably the type that leans towards action and horror movies.

It would be beyond screwed up if it is the only major studio that never produced Blu during the war is the one that that uplifts the format from niche.

Oh no allargon, you have my posts all wrong. All I am saying is those titles I listed are the only ones this year that I will buy, not that they will make BD more appealing to others. I was merely responding to the statement that said Wanted was going to be a BD blockbuster. The thread has kind of turned from the main topic to what we all consider to be BD must haves.

Good to read that.... I can completely agree with what they say about Jumper. That thing was all over the place (no pun intended) with LOTS of holes. Left it open nicely for the direct to video part 2.

Wanted was not a bad movie. I saw it last night. Much better than jumper, but still not what I consider Matrix level of movie.

pointless

The link that this post is directed at has to be the most boring, pointless, stupid, ridiculous waste of my time that I have looked at all week. What was the point of this stupid story? Predicting a movie to put bluray on the map the same way "Matrix did for DVD" is just idiotic. Maybe in five or ten years we will look back and say, "You know, 'Wanted' really made bluray take off!" Maybe we won't. This is just a really stupid article, in my personal opinion.

The link that this post is directed at has to be the most boring, pointless, stupid, ridiculous waste of my time that I have looked at all week. What was the point of this stupid story? Predicting a movie to put bluray on the map the same way "Matrix did for DVD" is just idiotic. Maybe in five or ten years we will look back and say, "You know, 'Wanted' really made bluray take off!" Maybe we won't. This is just a really stupid article, in my personal opinion.

When I read the article it just made me think it was just a plug for the movie. They want people to think it will be a smash it and will usher in BD sales to make people interested in seeing it at the box office. Nothing more than an attempt to create buzz for a movie.

:up:up:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)