Wanted - Dishnetwork HD 6000 receiver.

I'm thinking of selling mine. But I see that similar ones are selling for about $600 on eBay. So I'm not sure thats a "good price" to you.

Cyclone said:
I'm thinking of selling mine. But I see that similar ones are selling for about $600 on eBay. So I'm not sure thats a "good price" to you.

$6000 is too much for me. If you decide to sell at a lower price let me know, I'm interested.

Thanks

I would be very cautious about spending a lot for a 6000 right now. The value is high because hackers are migrating to them. If Dish start to target and kill the hacked 6000's, their value will go way down. Not that you necessarily care, but I hate to buy something and then see it's value drop by 50% or more.

Up until yesterday (when P269 was released for the 811) I was planning to buy a 6000 and was only put off by the hacker induced inflated prices. Now I think it makes more sense to buy an extra 811. Unless there is a specific feature of the 6000 you need (e.g. VGA output) then take a look at the 811. A new 811 is cheaper than a used 6000 unless you get lucky with finding a cheap 6000.

Keith.

Keith,

You are right, the prices got to high. I was interested before on an 811 but since dish ended the offer for just $100 I decided to buy one 6000 but the prices are just as hight as the 811 or more. The cost of an used 6000 is almost as high as a new 921. I would appreciate if any one can help me get a Dishnetwork HD receiver at a low price.
This is my email address:

chiquito003@aol.com

You might consider their fairly new lease option on the 811.

I think it is part of their DISHIN IT UP program (or something like that.)

$0 upfront, $5 lease/month. But I'm pretty sure that this $5/month lease replaces the $5 extra outlet fee (assuming it was an extra receiver), so you would pay the same anyway if you owned it.

I think you pay maybe $25 for shipping, but I think that is waived if you are on credit card autopay.

Also, I can't remember if this requires a trade in receiver or not.

Anyway, here is a link:

http://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipmentUpgrades/rentAllEquipmentOptions.jsp?

KyDave said:
You might consider their fairly new lease option on the 811.

I think it is part of their DISHIN IT UP program (or something like that.)

$0 upfront, $5 lease/month. But I'm pretty sure that this $5/month lease replaces the $5 extra outlet fee (assuming it was an extra receiver), so you would pay the same anyway if you owned it.

I think you pay maybe $25 for shipping, but I think that is waived if you are on credit card autopay.

Also, I can't remember if this requires a trade in receiver or not.

Anyway, here is a link:

http://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipmentUpgrades/rentAllEquipmentOptions.jsp?

KyDave,

Thanks for your reply, but I live in Puerto Rico and the lease offer does not apply here. I have to buy the receiver.

Well, I'm looking to bailout now on my 6000 while I can still get a good price for them. I 've seen whats happened to the Dishplayer prices since they got succesfully ECM'd. hehe

The 6000 though hasn't really varied much over the past year or so. I got one last year for about $500 with all the modules.. The only ones on ebay i see for $600 are packaged with a dish500 or something.

After reading the problems people have had with the 811, I would rather have older technology, but has been through the "beta test" process. Not that the 6000 doesnt have its quirks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)