Wanted: Houston Tracker IV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wouldn't buy a VBox III. I had a lot of trouble with mine. If you are want a reliable one, get the VBox II if they are still around. If not, get a GBox V3000.

yes i agree and suspect its why they aren't sold anymore ... the v-box III I listed was just for the photos detailed view, but they should all be very close in operation...

the g-box is the newest probably most expensive and from what i've read most reliable

As promised, for your viewing pleasure

One Houston Tracker 4
Microprocessor Controlled Integrated Receiver/Descrambler/Positioner

Attachments

• HTSt4-1.JPG
    HTSt4-1.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 245
  • HTSt4-2.JPG
    HTSt4-2.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 206
  • HTSt4-3.JPG
    HTSt4-3.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 233
  • HTSt4-4.JPG
    HTSt4-4.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 210
I found an old Houston Traker IV in my shed. I used it back in the mid 80's. It made me look hi tek lol. It's not doing anything for me now, just collecting dust. Anyone need it, send me an email. Make an offer.

The system VIII+ is an integrated receiver and dish mover.

I wouldn't buy a VBox III. I had a lot of trouble with mine. If you are want a reliable one, get the VBox II if they are still around. If not, get a GBox V3000.

you might want to try the III.

I have the VBOX II and have problems from time to time with it (a few solder joint touchups here and there and I'm fine so far. I'm worried someday the relay will blow and it won't be a bad solder joint issue that I have to fix and that i'll have to get a new box or find a replacement relay somewhere).

So if you are a ham, get a VBOX II and you, too, can once in a while fix the POS. I'd hope Moteck would have had the manufacturing flaws fixed by VBOX III, but I don't know since I have never owned a VBOX III.

I wouldn't have a problem fixing a V-box if it''s just bad soldering (typical Chinese quality). If it dies from a blown micro or other unique IC then that's a different story.

Sticum, can you send me a few pix of your Tracker 4 ? Is it the full integrated receiver or just the controller like the one in the picture that I posted ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts