Wanted: Hughes E86

Rather than PM, I will publicly tell you the E86 is a piece of crap. I burned up 3 of them. Is there are particular reason you want one of these? I have an HTL-HD now and it is WAYYYYYYYY better than the E86.

slacker9876 said:
Rather than PM, I will publicly tell you the E86 is a piece of crap. I burned up 3 of them. Is there are particular reason you want one of these? I have an HTL-HD now and it is WAYYYYYYYY better than the E86.

Well, you must have had a bad run of luck. I have one, and know others also who like them very much.

As you say, they do tend to run warm and should not be put in entertainment centers, or have anything stacked on top of them. In fact, I have a 220v box fan (running on 110v) taped over the grate on the top of it to assure it stays cool, which it does. It actually gets as good a HD picture as the POS Dish 811 I had (as in used to have) using DVI, which the E86 doesn't have.

I burned through two of them myself, but my third is working fine. The thing is I HATE silver boxes and refuse to buy one. Any other black HD boxes available?

tochiba dts3000 - same as hughes e86.works perfect,no scratches,not used last two years.comes with hughes remote control. $140 shipped.
pm me ,if interested.
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)