Wanted: Quality surge protector/conditioner

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
I have just purchased a new tv and am looking for a quality surge protector/power conditioner to protect my investment. Any suggestions? I want quality but I do not want to overpay for a name brand.

Thanks,
Mike

I've been using this surge/conditioner from Belkin since May and it has worked very well.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9DHZ2"]Amazon.com: Belkin AP30800fc10 PureAV Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology (Black): Electronics[/ame]

I went with 2 of these CyberPower Intelligent LCD Series GreenPower UPS CP1500AVRLCD. One on the home theater (plasma) and the other hooked to the (lcd) in the bedroom also keeps my cordless phones online during power outages. Also have 2 more for my computers and never have had a problem. Batteries last all day (will even allow dvr to record) with everything off about 30-45 minutes if ya use them. Batteries are simple to change in these unit and cost about $60.00.

The CyberPower unit seems highly regarded and would do a great job I am sure. Does anyone had good experiences with a quality surge protector without battery backup? I have looked at a couple TrippLite models and a few Monster brand, but still undecided. I would like to spend less than 100.00 but do not want to jeopardize my new AV equipment.

Thanks,
Mike

The CyberPower unit seems highly regarded and would do a great job I am sure. Does anyone had good experiences with a quality surge protector without battery backup? I have looked at a couple TrippLite models and a few Monster brand, but still undecided. I would like to spend less than 100.00 but do not want to jeopardize my new AV equipment.

Thanks,
Mike

Ah, Monster. a.k.a. Monster Ripoff. :D

Thanks,
Mike
Any of the TrippLite models will do fine for a surge suppressor. I would look at adding a few bucks to get the power conditioning for A/V equipment.

Well I bought the CyberPower unit recommended a few posts above. I read many great reviews and I got it for a great price with some online coupons and free shipping with a total below 140.00 Thanks to all who helped in the search.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts