I want to switch to Linux,but

But if you don't install the non-free drivers, it should still function as a standard graphics adapter, you just don't get any hardware acceleration, right? My point was that Cinnamon, even though it looks nice and simple, still insists (or did when I tried running it under Virtualbox a few versions ago when the graphics acceleration emulation was buggy) on using hardware acceleration for some reason. Maté doesn't.
I can't recommend using a Virualbox installation to test something that you'll eventually run native; expecially when it comes to hardware compatibility.

If Cinnamon doesn't work, Mate is kind of a club and may not deliver the experience that a new user desires when trying to convince themselves to upgrade. Some people love Mate but I just don't see it going anywhere in the long term.

I can't recommend using a Virualbox installation to test something that you'll eventually run native; expecially when it comes to hardware compatibility.

If Cinnamon doesn't work, Mate is kind of a club and may not deliver the experience that a new user desires when trying to convince themselves to upgrade. Some people love Mate but I just don't see it going anywhere in the long term.

Us Gnome 2 fans LOVE Mate.

Just my 15 year+ $0.02

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)