WANTED/Wanting to buy a DX Antenna DSZ200 OR DSZ100 or Toshiba TRX2220 C-band satellite receiver

toshibaguy

Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
north america
Hi All

I am looking to buy a DX Antenna DSZ200 or DSZ100 or Toshiba TRX2220 C-band satellite receiver. Please reply to this post or message me if you have one you would like to sell. you can email me at hondaman86@outlook.com. Please see reference pictures of what these type of receivers look like.

Thank you
Trent

Attachments

• sat5.jpg
    sat5.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 239
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 3938566.jpg
    3938566.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 197
There's no remaining analog satellite signals out there, with the possible exception of CNN on one of them. They most either of these could be good for, is as a dish mover, as they won't work with digital sat signals.

Is there any particular reason you want one of these receivers? I was using one of these toshiba receivers which was an excelent dish mover till it failed. Replaced it with a General instrument GI 650I which works well.

I had one of them, it had auto find satellite built in on it. You just fine the first two satellites of the arc and kick back it would do the rest C and Ku.

It had the highest resolution of any analog receiver on the market.

I had one of them, it had auto find satellite built in on it. You just fine the first two satellites of the arc and kick back it would do the rest C and Ku.

It had the highest resolution of any analog receiver on the market.
HI There
Which receiver brand did you or do you still have? I am looking for all three models. Do you still have any of these models DSZ200, DSZ100 ior Toshiba TRX2220?
Regards,
Trent

Is there any particular reason you want one of these receivers? I was using one of these toshiba receivers which was an excelent dish mover till it failed. Replaced it with a General instrument GI 650I which works well.
I have all three of these receivers that I bought a couple years back but they were all damaged in shipping move when I moved across the country to take a new job. So, I am looking to buy all three(DSZ100,DSZ200 and Toshiba Trx2220) for parts or if they work then I would use them for a dish mover for my FTA channels. I remember when I was only 5 years old when my parents had/bought a new c-band system(DSZ200) only 6-8 months before everyone stopped providing c-band channel subscriptions. I thought it was the coolest thing/IRD and now would like to get one again to get working. Let me know if you still have any one of these 3 receiver and if you would want to sell it or them. I guess it has some sentimental value/memories of my parents.

Regards,
Trent

Thanks for letting me know. If you know anyone else who has one that might be willing to sell it please let me know.
Thank u
Trent
Correct me if I'm wrong. You may be thinking of the cool factor that you could find 2 sats and the rest was done in the receiver. Things have changed. Digital and all. I have a couple of FTA receivers that simply are blind to transponders on several satellites. Sure made signal finding a bear. And the fact that the older units you're seeking probably don't have the newer satellites programmed in them. The ones you're seeking will leave you lacking. A modern Enigma2 receiver and depending on your dish size a usals motorized dish mount or diseqc mover is really what you should seek. Perhaps it would be better if you could list your expectations of what you assume the older units will do for you and we can steer you in the right direction. If what you're looking for depends on a transponder signal to seek and peak signal, and it's incapable of seeing the signal......you've just wasted time and money.

Reactions: primestar31
Correct me if I'm wrong. You may be thinking of the cool factor that you could find 2 sats and the rest was done in the receiver. Things have changed. Digital and all. I have a couple of FTA receivers that simply are blind to transponders on several satellites. Sure made signal finding a bear. And the fact that the older units you're seeking probably don't have the newer satellites programmed in them. The ones you're seeking will leave you lacking. A modern Enigma2 receiver and depending on your dish size a usals motorized dish mount or diseqc mover is really what you should seek. Perhaps it would be better if you could list your expectations of what you assume the older units will do for you and we can steer you in the right direction. If what you're looking for depends on a transponder signal to seek and peak signal, and it's incapable of seeing the signal......you've just wasted time and money.
Hey Arlo

You are correct the older satellite receivers like the DSZ200 and Toshiba TRX 2220 series of receivers still have the cool/cooler factor than the new digital FTA receiver.... I have an Amiko mini HD265 fta receiver which is used to receive any fta programming but choose to use the older exist c-band satellite receivers as the primary dish mover So, again I am looking for a DSZ200 and Toshiba TRX2220 receiver to use as my dish mover over the satellite arc. If you have one/both of those receiver let me know because I would be interested purchasing them.

Trent

toshibaguy I tryed to send an email to the address you had in your first post. It wouldn,t send. I got message it didn,t exist. The toshibi I have lost its video and you need that to be able to use the on screen programing. I keep all my old receivers in my house so they do not get wet ect. If you are still wanting one to fix send me an email And I will look for it. I am old and forget where I put things sometimes.

toshibaguy I tryed to send an email to the address you had in your first post. It wouldn,t send. I got message it didn,t exist. The toshibi I have lost its video and you need that to be able to use the on screen programing. I keep all my old receivers in my house so they do not get wet ect. If you are still wanting one to fix send me an email And I will look for it. I am old and forget where I put things sometimes.
Hi Solarvic
I sent you message through the "start conversation" option so hopefully you will get it. if not let me know on the forum here.
Thank you
Toshibaguy