Wanting a 722K only, Dish can't promise that's what I will receive. Why can't they??? Any suggestio

Years ago, when my 622's hard drive was starting to act up, I 'upgraded' to a 722. Dish actually charged $50 for the 'upgrade' from a 622 to a 722. At that time, when the 722 was a new receiver, Dish did consider the 722 an upgrade over the 622, and Dish could specify that you were to receive a 722 when you upgraded. It wasn't until later on that Dish grouped the 622, 722, and 722K together.

A couple of years later when the hard drive on my 722 failed, Dish told me I would receive either a 722 or a 722K as a replacement (they never mentioned a 622). I got lucky and received a 722K as a replacement (it was new, not refurbished). So it seems like Dish changed their policy on 622,722,722k as time went on.

I paid to go from a dead 622 to a 722k. When you do that, they surely have a system in place to get you the right box.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Correct me if I'm wrong here but it seems all this confusion boils down to some simple rules, I believe Some DishGuy tried to explain in his last post.

If you are requesting a replacement DVR for a DVR that has failed and is on lease contract, you will get the exact model you currently have that is defective and to be replaced. As long as there is one of that model in stock. I would suspect that is the rule rather than the exception. It would also explain why I got exactly the model I requested as all I requested is what I originally had that failed anyway. It explains away there was no devine intervention, or just good luck getting two for two. It was the process. What the CSR is not able to do in their system is give you a requested upgrade within the family for an RA or defective unit replacement.
If you are requesting an upgrade, you can do that with "Dish In It Up" only from one family ( 622,722,722K) to the Hopper family. As I uinderstand from him, you can't do Dishin it up from a 722 to a 722k. BUT there are two situations or exceptions where can happen. 1. Where there is no 722 in stock, only 722K's and then you may get what you requested ( that would be luck of the draw) 2. When you contact the CEO, or as I once did to go from 622 to 722 years ago, call someone in executive capacity in the company to walk the particular DVR model through the system.

The rare issue I think would be if you had a 722K and it broke and you called for an RA replacement and all they had was a 722 or 622 in stock, then you would be downgraded and this is a flaw in the system. This was years ago now but my friend told me they have tons of all the models in refurb condition to send out so getting any specific model is normally not a problem. He told me that with the high rate of churn and upgrades being done there are so many refurbs coming back they sometimes have to repackage them for other markets.

A 722k is a downgrade IMO from the 722, I would rather have the 722 over the K model any day just because it already comes with the OTA module built in along with Svideo out AND still has the same HDD space as the K model so I really don't understand why anyone would want the K model over the regular 722?

A 722k is a downgrade IMO from the 722, I would rather have the 722 over the K model any day just because it already comes with the OTA module built in along with Svideo out AND still has the same HDD space as the K model so I really don't understand why anyone would want the K model over the regular 722?
Well, the one thing I don't like about the 722's built-in OTA tuner is it isn't accessible from TV2. And with the optional 2 OTA tuners on the K model, you can have one more than the regular 722.

An important point to make is, outside of this forum, 90% of Dish's customers could care less or even know the difference between a 622, 722, and 722k. They just want to be able to watch TV and if they had a DVR, get a DVR as a replacement.

I think you mean COULDN'T care less. If they could care less, you are implying that they care to some degree.

Well, the one thing I don't like about the 722's built-in OTA tuner is it isn't accessible from TV2. And with the optional 2 OTA tuners on the K model, you can have one more than the regular 722.
Agree. For OTA the K is much better and worth the extra cost of the module.

The 722k is better. Having a second OTA tuner gives you 4 total tuners to record from and gives you OTA on TV1 and TV2. The OTA module also has a coax out in case you wanted to distribute TV1 throughout the house. Seems to be a no-brainer if you ask me.

Now, if you were tight on money and only needed one OTA tuner you'd be able to save yourself $40 by getting the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)