WANTING TO BUY A NEW RECIEVER

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kspilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
KANSAS
I have a SV(sonic view) right now and getting tired of the "UPDATE SW" message!
I see that Pansat has a new 4500,is this a good one or is there a better and newer receiver?
I looked for the Pansat on some of the advertizers on this site and didnt find one,any suggestions on where to buy the
new receiver?
Thanks

Last edited:
I have a SV(sonic view) right now and getting tired of the "UPDATE SW" message!...
Absolutely agree! I had a beautiful Sonicview Elite PVR dual tuner, but I got so frustrated with the receiver firmware giving error messages that I couldn't progress in installing my system. I sold that practically brand new receiver for an old used Coolsat 7000 and it's the best thing I could have done. I am now deciding on a new receiver too. Others on this site will advise you. Just make sure to get DVB-S2 and MPEG4 capability.

unless you can get it dirt cheap I dont know why folks would buy a SD only receiver when you can get HD units for $100 or the SatAv MicroHD which will be out in January for $125 and can do sooo much more

unless you can get it dirt cheap I dont know why folks would buy a SD only receiver...
My explanation was that the Coolsat 7000 was a 15-minute drive away and meant no shipping. I paid $40 and he gave a circular LNB and two switches as well. With all the trouble experienced with the Sonicview, I didn't want to spend another $ until I found out if I liked FTA. I now know I like it. So...I'm shopping for the best available receiver. I want it all. Once satisfied with a new receiver, I figure I can probably sell this Coolsat and get my money back for it.

I was more referring to the OP who wants to buy a new receiver. Ebay shows between 110 and 150 bucks for a Pansat 4500 :eek:
If you can get a good SD receiver cheap by all means get it. I've picked up some cheap SD units earlier this year and they worked great

Status
Please reply by conversation.