WANTING TO BUY A NEW RECIEVER

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kspilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
KANSAS
I have a SV(sonic view) right now and getting tired of the "UPDATE SW" message!
I see that Pansat has a new 4500,is this a good one or is there a better and newer receiver?
I looked for the Pansat on some of the advertizers on this site and didnt find one,any suggestions on where to buy the
new receiver?
Thanks

Last edited:
I have a SV(sonic view) right now and getting tired of the "UPDATE SW" message!...
Absolutely agree! I had a beautiful Sonicview Elite PVR dual tuner, but I got so frustrated with the receiver firmware giving error messages that I couldn't progress in installing my system. I sold that practically brand new receiver for an old used Coolsat 7000 and it's the best thing I could have done. I am now deciding on a new receiver too. Others on this site will advise you. Just make sure to get DVB-S2 and MPEG4 capability.

unless you can get it dirt cheap I dont know why folks would buy a SD only receiver when you can get HD units for $100 or the SatAv MicroHD which will be out in January for $125 and can do sooo much more

unless you can get it dirt cheap I dont know why folks would buy a SD only receiver...
My explanation was that the Coolsat 7000 was a 15-minute drive away and meant no shipping. I paid $40 and he gave a circular LNB and two switches as well. With all the trouble experienced with the Sonicview, I didn't want to spend another $ until I found out if I liked FTA. I now know I like it. So...I'm shopping for the best available receiver. I want it all. Once satisfied with a new receiver, I figure I can probably sell this Coolsat and get my money back for it.

I was more referring to the OP who wants to buy a new receiver. Ebay shows between 110 and 150 bucks for a Pansat 4500 :eek:
If you can get a good SD receiver cheap by all means get it. I've picked up some cheap SD units earlier this year and they worked great

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)