Wanting to get whole home DVR, current subscriber...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1tufgt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
What is the trick to get upgraded to the whole home DVR system without paying $400 I was quoted for 2 DVR receivers for the system to work.

I called a CSR to see if there were any special offers to upgrade for current customers and was told they couldn't offer me any specials pricing. Very disappointed in that it has made me look at what dish can offer.

If you are out of contract threaten to cancel and get to the retention department. They might be able to get you down to a whole home upgrade for 99. Wanting 2 HDDVRs is going to for sure cost you extra. Unless you are a heavy recorder you only need one.
If you have been a good customer, i.e. Been with them for 2+ Years, paid bills on time, they should have a sweeter deal for you. Try a few more times.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, did you mean to post in the Direct TV forum, or do you want to switch to the Hopper and Dish? Or did you switch to Dish already?

Yes I was in your boat a few years ago when I first had DTV. I bought an HD TV and decided it was finally time to upgrade to an HD receiver. I saw all the new customer deals of free HD upgrade and all that and I was out of contract so I called them up and tried to get the upgrade and the best I could get them to give me was cut the upgrade charge to 350. I even threatened to cancel and they transferred me to the cancelation department who refused to budge from the 350 and so I told them I wanted to cancel so I could switch to Comcast and they said ok and turned my signal off while I was still on the phone with them.

I called up Comcast and had them out the next day or two with a better deal. Later I dropped them and went to Dish. I just last week switched back to DTV and got all the upgrades I originally wanted. Customer service with existing customers is not the strong suit of any of the major providers that I have experienced.

Yeah I'm just wanting one HD DVR and the whole home DVR setup that new customers are getting. I've been with them for 5 years and love thservice but hate I can't get a good deal to upgrade to the whole home HD DVR. I currently have 2 HD receivers a newer h21 and older h20.

I'm in the same 5 year boat and had two HD DVR's (the 21 and the 24) I got someone in retentions asking about non-DVR HD receivers to hook up to two new TV's in our two bedrooms. They did some checking and said I was in an area where they were offering the HR34 and whole home install for free. Wasn't even calling about that setup but asked if I could exchange my old HR21 for the HR34, plus two H25's. Originally she mentioned 99 dollars but by the end of the conversation I had all three boxes and an installer for free. I will end up paying an extra 6 bucks a box for the new nonDVR receivers which I was expecting.

We love the new 5 tuner box and the ability to get HD in our bedroom that isn't the same as what I'm watching in the family room, the guys who came out to do the install ended up having to replace my sat dish, switch, and run better cable to the two new rooms. Super nice, gave them a tip and kept them hydrated as it was a hot one and they were on the roof for a long time trying to get the higher signal the HR34 requires.

Hopefully you are in an area where they are getting heavy competition from Dish.

I'm in the same 5 year boat and had two HD DVR's (the 21 and the 24) I got someone in retentions asking about non-DVR HD receivers to hook up to two new TV's in our two bedrooms. They did some checking and said I was in an area where they were offering the HR34 and whole home install for free. Wasn't even calling about that setup but asked if I could exchange my old HR21 for the HR34, plus two H25's. Originally she mentioned 99 dollars but by the end of the conversation I had all three boxes and an installer for free. I will end up paying an extra 6 bucks a box for the new nonDVR receivers which I was expecting.

We love the new 5 tuner box and the ability to get HD in our bedroom that isn't the same as what I'm watching in the family room, the guys who came out to do the install ended up having to replace my sat dish, switch, and run better cable to the two new rooms. Super nice, gave them a tip and kept them hydrated as it was a hot one and they were on the roof for a long time trying to get the higher signal the HR34 requires.

Hopefully you are in an area where they are getting heavy competition from Dish.
Yeah wasn't offered that when I called. We see DTV sales rep in Walmart all the time but have never seen. dish rep out and about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)