Warner DVD to Blu

I looked there and couldn't find it, must have looked right over it.

DVD2BLU

Warner Brothers just announced a trade in program for DVD for same title in BluRay. There is currently 55 titles, all strong titles such as "American HistoryX"
"Any Given Sunday" and "The Aviator" The Blu Ray titles are 795 to 995 currently.:D

What happened to BluRay prices?. I wasn't impressed either, not because of titles or selection, but finding same on Amazon from 599 to 1299.:D

Yeah, I just checked "The Searchers". It was the only movie on the list that I have. Upgrade price--$7.95. Price on Amazon--7.99.

Just curious, how much better would a classic like "The Searchers" be on Blu-Ray vs DVD upconverted?

Yeah, I just checked "The Searchers". It was the only movie on the list that I have. Upgrade price--$7.95. Price on Amazon--7.99.

Just curious, how much better would a classic like "The Searchers" be on Blu-Ray vs DVD upconverted?

movies shot on 35mm or 70mm film contain several times the information available on DVD (720x480). HD at seven times the resolution of a DVD and much greater color depth, still don't capture the quality of that found on film.:D

HD at seven times the resolution of a DVD and much greater color depth, still don't capture the quality of that found on film.:D
There is no consumer video format better than DVD in terms of color depth.
Static picture on 35mm film might have tens of megapixels of information,
but only the best movies are worth scanning at 3-4K resolution according to Lowry.

Diogen.

There is no consumer video format better than DVD in terms of color depth.
Static picture on 35mm film might have tens of megapixels of information,
but only the best movies are worth scanning at 3-4K resolution according to Lowry.

Diogen.

Which brings me back to my question--Should I re-buy "The Searchers" along with the rest of my collection?

Only you can answer that.

Movies you (re)watch regularly on a TV set capable of taking advantage of the higher resolution - why not?
Paying $10 to only replace the DVD case on the shelf with a BD one - probably not worth it.

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)