Warner Says Blu-ray Comments "Misquoted and Misconstrued"

I guess neither side made an offer they couldn't refuse...:)

Diogen.
It doesn't matter what offer they get, they are one of the smartest studios out there. Well they are the smartest. They know that if you stick to both formats, you make more money than just accepting an offer from one format.

I wonder how much Paramount will get in licensing residuals (for HD-DVD technology) etc if HD-DVD wins out. I gotta believe there are some clauses other than up-front money to entice them to go exclusive.
I gotta believe BD has some clauses similar.

...they are one of the smartest studios out there. Well they are the smartest.
I agree.
They know that if you stick to both formats, you make more money than just accepting an offer from one format.
I think the reason is different.
I believe neither format can survive without Warner releases/catalog. And the longer this impasse lasts,
the higher the price will be to get them take a side. Is anyone going to sell a stock that has only one way to go - up?

Diogen.

I think it's just too early to take a side for business reasons. BD has the huge hardware numbers, but HD the higher attach rate.

Until BD can prove that their hardware advantage can be leveraged, or HD can get a lot more hardware into homes while maintaining the attach rate, there's no compelling reason aside from spiffs to go exclusive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts