Warning 358

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yea, getting back on topic.. :)

I believe if you are using a yellow card and seeing that message, then you are fine and dont need to do anything. I'm guessing they released some sort of smartcard rev check in the last software release, and they probably forgot to include some "good" revs. Ie. if (rev = rom101 rev007) then no message.

I could see a funny convo with a CSR on this topic.. "I cant watch Xtreme Teen gang bang, help!"

Also, am I the only one here not surprised this board knows more than the CSRs? When I bought my 6000 it literally took 3 phone calls and 2 hours worth of CSR roulette to get them to send me a yellow card to watch HD. Even when saying point blank "I know I need the new card to watch the HD channels, please send me one", the CSR said they didnt know what this other card I was referring to was. JD Powers is a joke!

Yeah, that's why I gave up on customer service. If you've done every flavor of reset and still have problems, pretty much there are only two things left: known (or soon to be known) software bug, or bad hardware.

So then you're left with the csr trying to convince him/her that (gasp) their software actually has a bug, or you're left trying to convince him/her that you need a new box/smartcard/switch/whatever.

The former is pointless; until they get a lot more reports they don't believe you. And even if they get a lot of reports they sometimes don't, so you might as well wait.

The latter is just painful. I don't know if the 721 is still on their "advanced" list, but it took me 4 months to get them to replace a bad 921 that they admitted was bad, because the only guy who had authority to authorize a swap was apparently out for donuts or getting a pedicure or something.

I'm on my third 921 and fifth or sixth 721, and was just getting to the point where things had been stable for awhile.

In this case, as long as keep getting all the rest of my channels, I'm happy. If it gets fixed, great. If more channels go away, I think I'll finally consider cable.

If they cant figure it out if its the receiver or the card (I bet its a glitch or the card since it was fine before you put the yellow card in there) then I would just make them replace both.

They are sending me a new card. But in the meantime oredered a 522 brand new sealed box off e-bay for 179.00. Think once i get the 721 fixed going to sell that buggy thing and be done with it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)