AZBOX WARNING: AzBox Premium HD Plus counterfeit units now being sold in the North American market!

Going back over the last few posts I went back to see exactly when those receivers came in here.
One plus receiver was bought in 2010 and 2 more plus receivers arrived here in 2011.
None arrived later than July of 2011 according to my records.

There was never any question then on vents on the receivers and no it was nothing to be concerned with then nor even now for that matter with how many vents were on top of the azbox premium plus case.
All the packing material showed they were from Opensat by their wording and there was no history of any plus clones then and none reported on the premium plus receivers as described by the op.
There were some different names floating around from a dealer in Florida who was selling mainly to South America but those had different names after the azbox name.
There was no “monkey business” that I ever knew of or heard of by Opensat in any of the production of the plus receivers. Slight design changes are always going on with different production runs if a company thought that in changing the design slightly would have a better working effect of the product.
All of this could have been avoided if the ones making the accusations had actually seen one of the clone receivers which evidently they did not as the differences are night and day between the original plus receivers and the ones coming out now which are advertised as azbox premium receivers but have no azbox name on them.

All of this could have been avoided if the ones making the accusations had actually seen one of the clone receivers which evidently they did not as the differences are night and day between the original plus receivers and the ones coming out now which are advertised as azbox premium receivers but have no azbox name on them.

Just a word of caution on that statement. We have seen one known clone from China from one manufacturer there. Appears that there may be many companies that may be manufacturing the clones, and some may be closer to the real deal, I have no idea. I did find one listing where the clone unit was as pictured as the same unit at LegitFTA, without the AZBox label on the front. Others pictured did have the label (of course, they could have been copied from legitimate sources).

A few people have PMed me and asked me why I have not said anything or stepped in here.

The honest reason is because I don't have a dog in the race.

I think if you have ever owned an AZbox over the years you know they are good boxes. PwrSurge has been helping SatelliteGuys with their Azbox issues. And that is what the site is about, helping others.

I thank PwrSurge for helping our members learn more about their AZbox and helping them get more from their receivers.

As I said in another thread the other day, peoples opinions are just that... opinions. I urge all members to do due diligence and do research before spending their money with any vendor.

Reactions: pwrsurge
Helping out, which is great, isn't the issue IMO.
Its the alleged back handed, dirty business tactics, screaming clone foul, hiding behind various pseudonyms which have folks up in arms.

"I urge all members to do due diligence and do research before spending their money with any vendor" --->> Well said mate.

Cheers, K

Haha like how the other site kisses soo much a** at that clone seller and claims more biz has come his way :what::what:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

here's a new one for me.
anybody got this model ?

Attachments

• AZBOX-premium-HD-plus.jpg
    AZBOX-premium-HD-plus.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 212
this is the first clone i found . seen late 2010. not sure it was dual tuner back then.this one no + on front
http://www.satmultimedia.tv/az-box-hd-premium-plus-combo-twin-tuner-2-x-sat-pvr

By doing a bit more research, you would have realized that before the AzBox Premium HD + came out, there was an AzBox Premium HD (non-plus) model. The AzBox Premium HD (non-plus) model has been discontinued for quite some time now but there were some clones made of it, similar to the Premium HD +. The Premium HD Plus is an improved version of the Premium HD model and includes a removable compartment on the top cover to add an internal HDD more easily, the ability to record and watch another channel at the same time when two tuners are installed and hardware blindscan.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

By doing a bit more research, you would have realized that before the AzBox Premium HD + came out, there was an AzBox Premium HD (non-plus) model. The AzBox Premium HD (non-plus) model has been discontinued for quite some time now but there were some clones made of it, similar to the Premium HD +. The Premium HD Plus is an improved version of the Premium HD model and includes a removable compartment on the top cover to add an internal HDD more easily, the ability to record and watch another channel at the same time when two tuners are installed and hardware blindscan.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Your post is useless! Did you even check the link?? They were (advertising) selling a Premium Plus ++++ unit, not an old Premium. I'm sure Mad Mad knows the difference!

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Your post is useless! Did you even check the link?? They were (advertising) selling a Premium Plus ++++ unit, not an old Premium. I'm sure Mad Mad knows the difference!

catamount is all over this knows me better than you.

mr. PwrSurge........ az Canda.... PHD of Sat whatever
had a AzBox Premium before you ever did. and seen clones before you too, don't be jealous of my finds.

Yes but they are obviously using pics of a Premium and not a Premium Plus, most likely by mistake. Unlike what madmadworld claimed, nothing in the item's description that I could see suggests that they are selling clones as the pictures of the AzBox Premium they have match the pictures of an authentic AzBox Premium that OpenSat had on their website. The way he worded his post made it look like he did not know about the older premium model.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)