Was D* 12 a disappointment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would like DIY and hln in hd as well. And yes I've been a little dissapointed that D* hasn't added more hd by now. Would I switch? Been there,done that so hell noooo .

Do I think it was a disappointment. Well no!
Was I hoping for a massive Launch of channels, Yes!

But I like the system D* has of not cramming the crap out of the satellites,by turning the Channel count up, while turning the PQ down.

There is really nothing I'm missing out on!
But I would like to see this year.
  • AMC HD
  • IFC HD
  • More Max HD
  • 5 Star Max HD
  • Action Max HD
  • Comcast Philly in HD or SD
  • Sleuth HD

Why is that sad? So his opinion is sad? Must be nice living at the top of the world looking down on everyone. Sheesh
Its Sad because its obvious D* isn't hurting by not having these so Called " MUST HAVES" Networks that rank bottom of the barrel in ratings.

E! com'on how many times do we have to watch Knocked up edited version?

Here is the is of Top rated channels. Thank you Dodgerking for this info.

ESPN 4,159
USA 3,011
DSNY 2,320
TNT 2,295
FOXN 2,254
HIST 1,910
AMC 1,550
NAN 1,546
TOON 1,408
TBSC 1,354
SYFY 1,286
A&E 1,159
HGTV 1,137
FX 1,074
FAM 1,060
DISC 1,049
ESP2 1,020
TLC 1,020
CMDY 1,010
FOOD 996
TRU 966
LIFE 929
MTV 899
SPK 883
TVLD 860

These are "Must Haves"

ESPN 4,159
USA 3,011
DSNY 2,320
TNT 2,295
FOXN 2,254
HIST 1,910
AMC 1,550
NAN 1,546
TOON 1,408
TBSC 1,354
SYFY 1,286
A&E 1,159
HGTV 1,137
FX 1,074
FAM 1,060
DISC 1,049
ESP2 1,020
TLC 1,020
CMDY 1,010
FOOD 996
TRU 966
LIFE 929
MTV 899
SPK 883
TVLD 860

These are "Must Haves"

I would like to add BBCA to that what is TopGear if not in HD

Hemi 6.1 said:

ESPN 4,159
USA 3,011
DSNY 2,320
TNT 2,295
FOXN 2,254
HIST 1,910
AMC 1,550
NAN 1,546
TOON 1,408
TBSC 1,354
SYFY 1,286
A&E 1,159
HGTV 1,137
FX 1,074
FAM 1,060
DISC 1,049
ESP2 1,020
TLC 1,020
CMDY 1,010
FOOD 996
TRU 966
LIFE 929
MTV 899
SPK 883
TVLD 860

These are "Must Haves"

Ah so AMC and TRU are in that list, but the supposed "HD Leader" doesn't offer those in HD. Check DirecTV's twitter feed and facebook wall, TONS of requests for more HD. Plus this topic alone starts huge threads on various sites.

With AMC being touted as poor man's HBO, and their new hit series "Walking Dead" renewed for a second season, there's no way this channel shouldn't be offered in HD. This request alone comes in so often that there is an FAQ entry on DirecTV's website "Do you carry AMC in HD?"

So what if Rainbow Media wants to include others like IFC and Sundance in HD. The more the merrier. You can't be a leader if you don't have it all.

It would be nice to have E, Style, We, and LMN HD for the wife, and I don't mind checking out some hot girls in HD on E or Style once in awhile.

DIY would be great in HD as I am a homeowner and I love watching how to do things or get ideas from those shows. The local cable provider here has it, but it's encrypted QAM, and I don't have a box for them.

BBC America in HD would be nice for TopGear and Dr Who, so if there's room, why the hell not? Dish has them, and D* wants to be better than dish right?

I figure the more you add, you can't go wrong. Its a national company with a conus footprint. With millions of Americans with diverse tastes and needs, why not carry a diverse selection of HD content to please everyone. Satisfied customers are prone to spread the good word, and DirecTV's subscriber base is bound to continue to improve. Why wouldn't you want to be the best? That's what we all strive for.

Yes it was a good surprise, and will stick with D* as long they are in business. They treat good when I call them and always get what I want. But D* have space for more HD is matter of time when every channels is going to be HD.

For the most part I am happy with what we have now. Only two channels I would say that I "want". One is HLN in HD (just because I like news channels, lol), and the other is BBC.
BBC is way down the list of channels that I watch (rarely), but going off of what we dont have, it would be close to the top.

Anything else is just gravy for me.

So maybe one more day untill the 17th, where "rumored" changes may happen???

Regardless of missing a couple of channels I like, I prefer D* to the Dollar General provider. I'm plenty happy and the grass is green.

Regardless of missing a couple of channels I like, I prefer D* to the Dollar General provider. I'm plenty happy and the grass is green.

It does not matter as long as you are happy. Each person just needs to find the provider that they are happy with that has a package that they are happy with......Some people like cable, while some like satellite (DirecTV/Dish), fiber optic (Fios/Uverse)....

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)