Was reading the news on STELA, is it good news for Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How dumb is Dish customer service, this guy I spoke to lives in the United States. I know the difference between filipino and american accent especially since I live in Hawaii. I asked the same question to the csr, and he asked me I wanted to add this channel on.

Reauthorization of STELA (it expires at the end of the year), is critical to DirecTV, which relies on the bill to deliver out of market network affiliated TV stations to 1.5 million subscribers.

The way interrupt this is that Directv serves 1.5 million subscribers who sub to out of market locals.

Correct - because Direct TV does not have their locals available. Direct TV does not need it because they are giving them both Distants and locals.

The writer of the article was LAZY and should have said it was critical for "DBS services such as DirecTV and Dish" and not mentioned the numbers. To answer the OP's original question: YES. STELA is for all DBS services, most significantly DirecTV and Dish. But often, it is the copyright portion of STELA that could have far more negative impact on the consumer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts