Wash DC ABC horrible

kpc007

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Today it was the worst! Is anyone else having problems with the picture quality of Washington DC ABC channel 7? Its pretty much unwatchable now. I have always had some distortions and breakups on that channel with the 622 but now its nothing but studdering, skipping, freezing, and pixelation. I called Dish and they're not aware of the problem and suggested I talk with ABC7 folks. They said they pass along exactly what the station provides them (I know thats not true but they're stickin to that story). Sure does seem to be a compression problem to me. As far as I know, ABC7 doesn't compress their signal and I'm too far from the tower to find out how it looks with an antenna.

Is it my receiver or Dish head space? BTW, I have no problems with the other channels, just DC ABC7.

My ABC in Philly sucks real bad. I have pixelation on the HD off the satellite and drop outs on the OTA I also use. This is the only local I have ever had any problems with. It breaks up, turns green, blotches out and then reappears after a stutter. Complete garbage. Dish claims no knowledge and my local ABC never replies. They suck.

Yep, I just mentioned how good the local HD LIL channels looked lately and I am seeing the same things on WJLA-DT, especially with the audio being out of sync and skipping. Thank goodness for OTA. BTW, I'm 55+ miles and the DC locals come in just fine.

Don't forget to send your observations to Dishquality@echostar.com - the folks have been pretty responsive when it comes to the DC HD LIL.

Thanks for the info. I sent them an e-mail. Still waiting for a response.

Sounds like its a Dish problem since you receive the channel ok OTA. Man I wish I could talk to someone at Dish thats honest or the very least knowledgable and interested in providing quality customer service.

BTW, I'm 120 miles and two mountain chains from DC. I would need a 1000' tower to get over those mountains. However, I'm about 40 miles from the Altoona locals which I'm not authorized to have. Go figure!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)