Washed out colors

dledeaux

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
Longview, TX
The other night I was watching the election results and suddenly the colors on the screen changed. They became what I can only describe as really pale and washed out. The yellows were all dull, the blues looked almost green. I checked my other video sources and they were fine, plus my TV's built in menu was still vibrant. After about 15 minutes the colors came back, but I noticed that tonight they were all washed out again.

I think I have done all the troubleshooting to narrow it down to my STB. I reset the unit, I tried the component and the DVI, so I have ruled out the inputs on my TV and that it is a specific output on the STB.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? Should I call Voom to get a replacement unit? Could this be related to firmware? I haven't had any problems with this unit until now.

Have you tried switching channels? is this channel-specific?

No it's not channel specific. It's every channel. Even the Voom menu, which is why I worked so hard to rule out my TV.

Try a hard reboot (unplug the STB for 20 seconds). If this doesn't help, I would request a replacement STB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts