Wasps in my BUD ..the Saga continues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I read some where Mothballs will deter wasps, I have never tried it and I can't see it working. They must be tiny! (Moth Balls)

Nevermind ;)

PSB...Very subtle...

PSB said:
I read some where Mothballs will deter wasps, I have never tried it and I can't see it working. They must be tiny! (Moth Balls)

Nevermind ;)

As usual....VERY FUNNY...Wonder what the wasps would think! (and would you be the one looking for those moth balls?)

Sprayed that tree last night and dumped out a wasp trap 3/4 full (in 5 days!)....

regards
jeff

Actually mothballs are quite large in porportion to the rest of the moth body. Thats why they work scaring away wasps, once a wasp sees those they think " darn, that dudes got big balls, i aint messing with him" and fly away ;-)

Sorry folks, too much coffee this morning :)

Last edited:
drhydro said:
Actually mothballs are quite large in porportion to the rest of the moth body. Thats why they work is scaring away wasps, once a wasp sees those they think " darn, that dudes got big balls, i aint messing with him" and fly away ;-)

Sorry folks, too much coffee this morning :)

:)

Well I tried the "Drown em" idea that Greg from the C band forum had, and that nailed a few of them....however they still were building away in my feedhorn cover! (he said to hang some meat near the dish with a bucket of soapy water under it...wasps get greedy...eat too much, fall into the bucket and drown! :)

Purchased one of the wasp traps a few days ago and wow...half full of dead ones in a couple of days.:D THE INSTRUCTIONS ON TRAP WERE COOL! They stated not to try and shake out the full trap if anybody was still alive inside (yeah like I would even consider that ...these wasps are mean and vindictive!)...

THEY SAID PUT THE TRAP IN THE FREEZER FOR AN HOUR!
Ahhhhh sweet revenge!:D

I will buy one more trap
and then get inside the cover to remove the nest (at dusk) before it affects my FTA and 4dtv reception, as the nests did last year! Not to mention getting consistantly "buzz bombed" in my own back yard!
Jeff

I still say chemical warfare is the way to go, tho the idea of moth balls scaring them off cracked me up ;-)

I am assuming that you do not have a feed horn cover? If not, when I had the problem, the cover rotted out, my wife gave me a piece of an old pair of nylon pantie hose. I stretched it over the opening in the feed horn and secured it with the ever popular plastic ties and the problem was solved until I got around to buying a new cover.:up Also spray the hell out of the feedhorn hole and the inside with Raid. Once they smell that, they will stay away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts