Watch 2 channels on my R15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Abraxus

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Hi all -

Just got a new R15 today, as our old (like, 8 years!) Hughes unit finally gave up the ghost.

Got everything setup fine, and I like a number of the new features, but I'm running into a snag, and hope it's something obvious that I'm missing that one of you would know...

Am I able to watch two channels at one time? This is what I mean:

With our old Hughes, I could (1) Pause channel #1, (2) Flip to channel #2 and watch for a while, pause #2, and (3) Go back to channel #1 and pick up where I paused (30 minute buffer taken into account, of course).

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this on our new machine! Whenever I type in a new channel, it resets the buffer, meaning I'm still on the same tuner. If I pause and then hit the 'prev' button, it goes to the previous channel, but with no buffer (on same tuner again).

I know that I have 2 tuners (2 inputs in the back, etc), and that they are working (checked out just fine in the setup/signal strength sections).

Thanks in advance for any help you could give!

Thanks for the quick response, even though it's not the answer I was hoping for...

So, are there any DirecTV compatible DVRs that DO support the channel flipping I described in my OP?

Barring that, do anyone know of workarounds on this machine? It's got 2 tuners, and I can watch one channel while recording another.

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts