Watch Dish in the palm of your hands..... Sort of

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You know, if you were lazy I think you could set a dual tuner receiver to broadcast over UHF (it can do it over air, right?) and get one of those portable TVs ;) I wonder what the range would be lol

No it does not broadcast over the air. It only gives you choice on tuner 2 if you want to output on high channels it calls "cable" and lower channel it calls "air." But both go the same way over the coax.

Wrong.

The 522 TV2 output is a UHF over the air output, if you plug the TV2 output into an antenna it will indeed broadcast over the air..

dish_tv.jpg

Just like that (my antenna sucks though, so I had maybe 2ft of space between the two hahahahaahah)

This could revolutionise watercooler talk! :D Now the resident office geek can bring in the big show from the night before and be able to show it to everyone instead of just talking about it.

This sounds like the DishPod or a clone (my Internet connection sucks this morning so I didn't load that page). I assume it's only for the newer Dish Network DVRs (625, 942, ...)?

Also, you very well can set your receiver's RF output to "cable" mode and still go over-the-air to a TV also set to cable mode and that will work too. "Air" mode doesn't have any higher power, just different frequency allocations for channels 14 and above.

Neat picture, OoTLink. :)

I reported on these from the CES show...

Here are some pics. ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

And this is a favorite from CES... (Those who have DirecTV should know who this is.) :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

BFG said:
The 522 TV2 output is a UHF over the air output, if you plug the TV2 output into an antenna it will indeed broadcast over the air..

Wow, thank you for this information. You learn something new everyday! I'm going to dig up one of my old little TVs and set it up so I can now watch TV when I'm on the crapper. Thanks!

I assume one could get an amplifier to connect to the tv output feed in order to get reception of the modulated channels farther away (as long as it wont backfeed into the tv output into the receiver to cause damage).

i can't believe i never thought to try this... i hooked it up tonight with just two sets of rabbit ears and couldn't get but 15 feet away or so... tommorow i'll try putting amps on both sides and let ya'll know how it works out....

Speaking of which, I have a UHF/cable amplifier RIGHT under that table I use as a tv stand in my room hahhaaha.. from back in the cable days with janky wiring.

I think there's a little funky thing you can stick in between the antenna and the dish box to NOT break the rules, but really, I think breaking them this way is as stupid as walking on grass by a "Do not walk on the grass!" sign.. as it is you can BARELY get reception after a certain point, for me it's less than the range of the remote, hahahhaha by far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)