WatchESPN or ESPN+ access not working now with Dish account?

dvrexpander

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
I've tried getting in to watch something on ESPN + or watchespn and it keeps wanting me to sub even though I've linked up my Dish account.
Has something changed here that I'm not aware of?

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
ESPN+ is not a part of your DISH sub to ESPN. That will cost you extra.

Reactions: edisonprime
dvrexpander

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
ESPN+ is not a part of your DISH sub to ESPN. That will cost you extra.
I used to be able to do the Watch ESPN stuff so apparently this has all changed without Dish saying anything lol That was one of the main reasons I kept the dish sub when they renewed all that contract info with ESPN to be able to stream live their watch ESPN coverages. Ohh well... thanks

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I used to be able to do the Watch ESPN stuff so apparently this has all changed without Dish saying anything lol That was one of the main reasons I kept the dish sub when they renewed all that contract info with ESPN to be able to stream live their watch ESPN coverages. Ohh well... thanks
I just tried to play an event on my ESPN app on my Apple TV. It balked so I simply deleted the app and reinstalled it. I asked me to provide my TV provider, I did that and I was then able to watch events just fine. I have seen this on the ESPN app from time to time.

Reactions: Foxbat and HipKat
drwatson618

drwatson618

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2007

There is a difference between watch ESPN and ESPN+. Watch ESPN allows you to watch the ESPN channels with your Dish login (ESPN, ESPN2, etc.). ESPN+ is premium offerings with a separate subscription. They both use the same app, so it can be somewhat confusing.

Reactions: edisonprime, Foxbat and charlesrshell
Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I just tried to play an event on my ESPN app on my Apple TV. It balked so I simply deleted the app and reinstalled it. I asked me to provide my TV provider, I did that and I was then able to watch events just fine. I have seen this on the ESPN app from time to time.
Mine was logged out, but I was able to simply log in using my Dish account again. Some bit tripped and required logging in again.

But yeah, no ESPN+ streams without the ESPN paid subscription. :(

Reactions: edisonprime, Bobby and charlesrshell
R

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
But yeah, no ESPN+ streams without the ESPN paid subscription. :(

Actually, you can sign up for ESPN+ without ESPN. It’s available as a standalone streaming service or part of the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle.

Reactions: edisonprime and Foxbat
lakebum431

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
It all depends what you are trying to watch. Certain programs are only available with an ESPN+ subscription and certain things are available only with a linear subscription and finally certain things are available on both. You absolutely cannot watch everything on ESPN+ with your Dish subscription. Similarly, you cannot watch everything on the ESPN app without a subscription to the linear ESPN channels through a provider. This is true no matter which provider you have. It is an ESPN thing.

Reactions: charlesrshell