watching a recording different programs on DVR522 at the same time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

agupta

Original poster
May 24, 2005
Two questions:
1. I know that DVR522 has two tuners. But, what I see is that when I want to wacth a live channel on TV1 and record another channel at the same time, it does not let me do that. Is it because it is in dual mode and has one tuner reserved for TV2?

Any solutions? Can I change it to single mode?

2. Also, if I want to record the programs out of DVR522 onto some digital medie, VCD or DVD, what are my options?

Thanks,
agupta

1. Yes, the 522 has two tuners. One tuner for TV1, one tuner for TV2. You can put the 522 in single mode (both tuners to both tv's, but both tv's see the same thing). On the front of the 522 there's a mode button (should be the top-left button of the button's on the right). Press it. A screen pops up that say's tv2 is currently is use, etc, etc. Just click ok. Now you can record one show and watch another on TV1. But now your TV2 has to watch the same thing as TV1. If you've got a blank screen only, or the bouncing dish logo on TV2, make sure you have "Shared View" Enabled (you can find that buried in the menu). If you have any trouble, just read your manual, it should be in there.

2. Good luck. Haven't tried it, but I hear you'll have some problems.

Most people who use dual mode set TV2 as the primary tuner to do recordings (the Record Plus setting under preferences). Then you can use the TV1 remote to set all of your recordings and they will automatically be set to record on TV2 (unless there is a conflict). Having TV2 do most of your recording frees TV1 up for live TV.
In our house we pretty much set our 522 to record whatever we plan on watching and only watch what we recorded. We rarely watch live TV anymore.

maximum said:
In our house we pretty much set our 522 to record whatever we plan on watching and only watch what we recorded. We rarely watch live TV anymore.

That is your best bet right there. If there's something on you wanna watch, just start recording, do some busy work for 15 minutes, now you can skip all the commercial's. :)

Just play with all the functions on your 522, you'll learn all the in's and out's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts