Watching recorded content on dvr from the app?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pinkcookies26

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Can someone please explain to me how to use the Dtv app for watching recorded shows off your home DVR? I have read the directions on the site and I cannot get the app to " find " my receivers. I called Dtv and the lady told me I have to be connected to the same network as my receivers but that is not possible if I am two hundred miles away. The only app that seems to work for me is NFL Sunday Ticket and half the time on the laptop all it does is freeze. Anyways, any help on the DVR issue would be greatly appreciated for i work on the road and it would be great if I could get it to work. Thank you.

Can't comment as to what may wrong with the NFL Sunday ticket app.

But the CSR is essentially correct, you can't stream videos from your DVR out of home any longer ...

As DIRECTV removed that feature from the "Mobile DVR" service some time ago now when they never could get it to work properly ....

So the DIRECTV app ever since can only stream VOD shows from DIRECTV's servers when you're outside the home. ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Can't comment as to what may wrong with the NFL Sunday ticket app.

But the CSR is essentially correct, you can't stream videos from your DVR out of home any longer ...

As DIRECTV removed that feature from the "Mobile DVR" service some time ago now when they never could get it to work properly ....

So the DIRECTV app ever since can only stream VOD shows from DIRECTV's servers when you're outside the home. ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Ok, that makes sense now. The technology is not even there, I have no problem watching live programming on the app except for live games sometimes. A lot of times the Apple Lighning to HDMI adapter has trouble as well when streaming from phone to tv. Thanks for the info.

A lot of times the Apple Lighning to HDMI adapter has trouble as well when streaming from phone to tv.
you are lucky it works at att, it is not supposed to. its only a matter of time before it stops and never works again. mirroring of any kind is not supported

I think it stopped .

In the past you were able to watch recorded shows outside the home.

DirecTV in the past year stopped it .

I'm not sure if cable providers allow it either

Sling box may be an option if u really want to watch recorded shows outside home

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts