Watching/Recording OTA without Satellite Signal??

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
What step am I missing to be able to either watch or record OTA channels using the OTA dual tuner adapter when I cannot get a satellite signal? I have scanned for channels and I have 6 of them, but there is no way to add them to my favorites or guide. I am in my RV and I am using a Wally receiver.

What step am I missing to be able to either watch or record OTA channels using the OTA dual tuner adapter when I cannot get a satellite signal? I have scanned for channels and I have 6 of them, but there is no way to add them to my favorites or guide. I am in my RV and I am using a Wally receiver.
Unfortunately, there is no way to have a Guide without a satellite signal. If you have already downloaded the Guide before losing the satellite signal, then it may work for awhile. However, if you are without a satellite signal long enough, and the Guide information that is already downloaded runs out, you will no longer be able to access the channels.

Also, there is a glitch with the Wally system that can make OTA unwatchable during any satellite signal loss, even though it is supposed to continue working. There is a recent thread about that problem here: OTA channels loss with signal loss

I use a ViewTV AT-163 OTA converter box. It has PVR functionality and I use a 128GB thumb drive with it as the recording media. A USB hard drive would work as well. The PVR files generated pretty much can be played back anywhere due to being in a common MPEG4 AVC format and are not encrypted.

I gave up on OTA on Dish receivers. Too many bugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)