Watching/Recording OTA without Satellite Signal??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
What step am I missing to be able to either watch or record OTA channels using the OTA dual tuner adapter when I cannot get a satellite signal? I have scanned for channels and I have 6 of them, but there is no way to add them to my favorites or guide. I am in my RV and I am using a Wally receiver.

What step am I missing to be able to either watch or record OTA channels using the OTA dual tuner adapter when I cannot get a satellite signal? I have scanned for channels and I have 6 of them, but there is no way to add them to my favorites or guide. I am in my RV and I am using a Wally receiver.
Unfortunately, there is no way to have a Guide without a satellite signal. If you have already downloaded the Guide before losing the satellite signal, then it may work for awhile. However, if you are without a satellite signal long enough, and the Guide information that is already downloaded runs out, you will no longer be able to access the channels.

Also, there is a glitch with the Wally system that can make OTA unwatchable during any satellite signal loss, even though it is supposed to continue working. There is a recent thread about that problem here: OTA channels loss with signal loss

I use a ViewTV AT-163 OTA converter box. It has PVR functionality and I use a 128GB thumb drive with it as the recording media. A USB hard drive would work as well. The PVR files generated pretty much can be played back anywhere due to being in a common MPEG4 AVC format and are not encrypted.

I gave up on OTA on Dish receivers. Too many bugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts